It doesn't snow on Cape Cod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:( All you guys that are socked in and all we get is cold damp wind. We do have clear ice but this may change tomorrow. I just made this in a couple of hours, just browsing through the bone yard. If it works out I'll weld up something more permanent. It started as a shiny Dyno BMX and a fork off a 26" road bike. Some motocross style bars and an exercise bike seat. Footrest to complete the build was a piece of oak beaten in tighter than a bulls..... :shock: .......and this didn't cost me a cent. My oldest daughter's first comment was " Holy crap dad, is that what I think it is? ". I hope it snows on the Cape so we can try this bad boy out.

Dyno-of-the-North-01.jpg

Dyno-of-the-North-02.jpg

GL

Looks like some Olin Mark IV's. I took a scooter with 12" wheels and did something similar when I was 13.

Now you just need to wax them boards. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cman you have a good eye there! I cleaned out the cellar last weekend and found these on a Klondike Derby sled I made for the local Girl Scout troop ten years ago. The sled's going into a burn but the Olin Mark IV's have a new life.

GL

I can't wait for the TALL version!

One of these are on my todo list..Just in time for spring..by the time I get around to it..
I guess I could look on the bright side no chain to rust up..LOL.

The great new england ski bike competition is on. As I type this Nicolette and I are building a ski bike from material left behind from a neighbor. Pictures to follow!

cody-james said:
The great new england ski bike competition is on. As I type this Nicolette and I are building a ski bike from material left behind from a neighbor. Pictures to follow!
You tell your niece that she rock's.
A couple of pointers if I may CJ. The steeing head angles may need to be raked out by putting on a fork from a larger bike or extend the forks or add more blocks to the front skis or less blocks to the rear. This may help the way it handles. IMMHO.
Beki has more time on this Dyno Snow Bike then I do and she loves it. Love to see those pic's

GL

OK so it works, but its not to easy to control I think we may build a second 3 ski model tomorrow for her friend Camile (The one from the 20" ride) well here are the photos this sucker is fast on my hill (that snow was fresh before we got there)
skibike005.jpg

skibike006.jpg

skibike007.jpg

skibike009.jpg

I have an Original "Snow bob " or "ski Bob " I cant remember the name but it is in the garage attic at my parents house..It is yellow with blue skis and black seat that is falling apart...I should take some pictures next time I stop bye there and post them..

Latest posts

Back