It was a good weekend!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTV

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I scored a older Diamondback mountain bike at my dads for free yesterday, and this today before sun up... 1962 American, totally original except the seat and tires. Check out that old Phoenix plate! I love it! 2 speed kicker, too!
aefe0c79-2bdd-674e.jpg
aefe0c79-2bf3-d7fa.jpg

I don't think I have the heart to! I've been secretly wanting an original Phoenix bike, and a stock original bike, this fits the bill perfectly and then some. I'll clean it up and ride it.
The license plate number is actually stamped on the neck and bars (I'm sure elsewhere also), I thought that was cool.

I do need another front wheel though... S7, 26", chrome, non HD spokes...

If your local I can hook you up on that wheel. :wink: LMK.

Had this bike almost a year, realized that it has been used maybe a half dozen times... It's hard to hop on this one when I've got my Jaguar! So I decided it was time to sell, but first I wanted to completely go through it and make it as nice as it can be while keeping it pretty much original...

There was a small hole in the front fender, so I picked up a headlight off a member here, drilled another hole, and filled them with it. Got the slightly oversized S7 white walls off of Chimi, the tread is a bit chunky looking but it's good enough for this bike. Especially for the price! Went through the kickback and got it working (see thread in How To). Fixed the floppy kickstand today. I love that this is an original Phoenix bike. It will be a nice rider for someone!
2eda6esa.jpg

That's a fine lookin' Schwinn!

The headlight is a nice touch. 8)

If anyone has an old (cheap!) Schwinn middleweight rear reflector I'd love to buy it!

Latest posts

Back