Its a Schwinn WHAT?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all, ive had this bike for a while now and i thought i would share. its nothing fancy, just a Schwinnspeed bike. can someone help me identify the type? i do belive its all original, except for different pedals and different grips.
funny thing is theres no trace of any decals on the headtube or downtube, only the single decal on the seat tube.
DSCN5798.jpg

DSCN5803.jpg

DSCN5799.jpg

DSCN5801.jpg

DSCN5802.jpg

DSCN5806.jpg

I don't know a whole lot about 10-speeds, even though I'm a Schwinn junkie. I have 2 Continentals that look real close to that one. Chrome fork I think is the giveaway. Yours is the shorter frame, 19" I think. Correct me if I'm wrong skinny tire guys! Gary

yeah i checked the serial numbers and its a '77. but i dont think its a sierra, the headtube is too long on those pictures. i think its a continental.i just want to make sure its not something rare before i do anything to it. i want to make it kind of a boardtrack-style bike. what do you guys think?

stretch said:
yeah i checked the serial numbers and its a '77. but i dont think its a sierra, the headtube is too long on those pictures. i think its a continental.i just want to make sure its not something rare before i do anything to it. i want to make it kind of a boardtrack-style bike. what do you guys think?

The Continental may have became the Sierra in '77 I believe. The difference in headtube size would be a result of a difference in overall size; yours is probably a 20". Check out this linky: http://www.geocities.com/sldatabook/det ... 1977sierra

it is a sierra. a friend of mine collects these and he id it as such. i thought maybe a late super sport but i was wrong. and he said it is not rare so happy ratting :p

i know i want to get different ones when/if i do anything to it. the chrome on them is great, i cleaned them up last summer. and thanks guys for helpin me find what model it is. my question is why no decals?

Back