IVERSON DRAGSTRIPPER BIKE & BARRIS CAR . RARE OCCURENCE .

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I know this isnt really a fresh find .But Having a Weiner Mobile on my neighbor hood is ! Theres only eight Weiner Mobiles in the USA & only two of these bikes known in blue .I figure what are the odds ..
This showed up down the street form my house !! :mrgreen: I grabed by Iverson Dragstripper & ran for this pic.. Both where designed by George Barris so I figued I should get a photo ...
Can I use this a Calendar photo entry ??

DSC06318.jpg

DSC06336.jpg

DSC06315.jpg

"Barris designs have also featured in commericals, probably the most famous being the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile"

there's been a bunch of them over the years (first one was 1936), is that the one he designed? It looks modern.

I can't find any evidence of George Barris' involvement with the Wienermobile on the internet, including both George Barris' website or any informational site about the Wienermobile. Given George's history of "suggesting" he was involved with many famous vehicles he has had nothing to do with, such as the General Lee, Ecto-1, the Back To The Future Delorean, etc., it wouldn't surprise me if somewhere in history he took credit for some part of the Wienermobile as well.

Here are a couple articles to get anyone interested started:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89193

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/07/is-m ... cars-he-d/

One of my friends drove the Weinermobile as his first job out of college. We were eating dinner and he called his driving partner who was just finishing her shift and talked her into coming to pick us up and we got to cruise around in a giant hot dog. They claim it runs on high octane mustard, but when we stopped at the gas station, I noticed there was no pump dispensing any such condiments. I got to pump the gas and man is that thing a conversation piece.

If you built something called a Weiner mobile would you take blame? lol :D

Latest posts

Back