JC Higgins Bike Help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this at an auction. Anyone out there know about JC Higgins bikes? This was sitting for several years in a garage hidden behind boxes and crates. This picture doesn't show it, but there are still a few streamers from one of the handles. Has ape hanger handle bars. Would love any info on this that you might have.
Thanks for taking the time to take a look!

jchigginsbike_zpsf4aca9a3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
jchigginsbike_zpsf4aca9a3.jpg

Look under the bottom bracket (where the pedals pass through the frame) for a serial number and Google 'J.C.Higgins serial number XXXXXX'. This will narrow down the year for you. Looks like a 1960's middle weight to me.

Good Luck!

I'd guess at around 60-ish year wise, could be earlier. Sears ended the J.C. Higgins label on bikes early mid 60s. I believe they may have re-popped the brand at one point, but that isn't one of those. Some one changed the bar, and it would have had fenders.

Look under the bottom bracket (where the pedals pass through the frame) for a serial number and Google 'J.C.Higgins serial number XXXXXX'. This will narrow down the year for you. Looks like a 1960's middle weight to me.

Good Luck!

Thanks so much for this info!! That helps a lot! And thanks for taking your time to get back to me.

Latest posts

Back