JC Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get
"Rat Rod Bikes - Error
You do not have permission to view media within this album."

Sorry about that @deorman ; I'm obviously new to this forum, and tried to insert the media from my album, attached below should be the bike and the paperwork I have?

Attachments

• IMG_2396.JPG
    IMG_2396.JPG
    333.6 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_2337.JPG
    IMG_2337.JPG
    367.6 KB · Views: 242
What a nice survivor! I'll take a stab and date this right around 1963--if I'm not mistaken, 1964 and later had a different, more angular tank. Does it actually say "JC Higgins" on any of the badges? I get the impression this bike is from the post-Higgins era, when Flightliners were simply badged as "Sears."

As to value, these bikes aren't that uncommon, but MAN is that a beautiful cache of documentation & spares. They definitely add value for a true collector. I could be way off, but I'd probably ask $350 minimum for a package that nice.

P.S. I checked eBay and found several similar bikes up for grabs in various states of repair. The prices range from $120-255 for bikes that are not as nice as yours.

Last edited:
I think it says "Sears" on the tank and on the little decal on the seat tube, so I think the J C Higgins paperwork was added even though it was after they switched to the Sears name. 1963 is a good guess as that was the year they went to Sears for naming the bikes.
But not a scratch on the bike from what I can tell! Probably original tires (Allstate?) too.

Latest posts

Back