Jenna Saykwa Longbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So here's my subject. A very practical bike for carrying loads of stuff but it is plain ugly. The goal is to make it cool and even more practical. I have a few parts lined up from previous builds and parted out bikes so cost should be low. Expect some pinstriping and other paint mayhem, this thing is a BIG canvas.

IMG_1216.jpg

Re: Flat Top Cruiser

So here's what the bike actually looked like this morning. Me and the Flat Top had an epic ride yesterday at Critical Mass. At least 300 riders that rode for 2 hours and no cops! I had a great time and I find that this last ride was a good send off just before the major refit.

IMG_0817.jpg

I took the whole bike apart and I thought it would be cool to see what it looks like with all its bits spread out.

IMG_0824.jpg

These are the bits that I will be keeping.

IMG_0825.jpg

I had a chance to spread the first coat of primer before the rain hit. Paint will go on pretty fast on this thing since it has to be ridable asap. This is my main bike and I need it pronto.

IMG_0836.jpg

frame looks great gerry.

i can't believe how much you have done already. when your finished, i could always do with a little help on my end. :)

icyuod2 said:
frame looks great gerry.

i can't believe how much you have done already. when your finished, i could always do with a little help on my end. :)
I'd love to help you out, just come and see me. :) I'll be riding this bike by next week but it will not even be close to be finished. What I've done here is to barely prepare the canvas. The fun stuff comes later.

The bike was given it's coat of semi gloss black today. I'll wait a bit for it to dry properly and put it back together.

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

Ouu! Longtails are awesome, My monark was gonna become one of these a few months ago but I lacked the rear triangle, I can't wait to see this togeather.

That rack looks strangly like a Street sign... lol

Hsean said:
Ouu! Longtails are awesome, My monark was gonna become one of these a few months ago but I lacked the rear triangle, I can't wait to see this togeather.

That rack looks strangly like a Street sign... lol
It's actually a left over piece of flooring. But you're giving me ideas, I might go for a walk with my screwdriver tonite! :mrgreen:

Lol Oh noes! they are perfect to use though, they even have nice edges on them, I used to work at a scrap yard and the city offten dropped stuff off, I got alot of neat stuff, traffic lights too! lol now your making me wanna build a longtail on the side, thanks alot! lol

I hate to give ideas to the competition, but a smaller Longboard deck would look good back there.

looking good!

you should fashion a mini surfboard or nice wooden skateboard for the rack (with a few lines of grit tape, on top)
fo sure!

icyuod2 said:
looking good!

you should fashion a mini surfboard or nice wooden skateboard for the rack (with a few lines of grit tape, on top)
fo sure!
Hmmmmmm, you guys got me rethinking this board thing, got to think about it some more before I get my quills out.

I smell something awesome being built! your making me wanna build a custom utility bike! stop it!! I have no room! lol

Hsean said:
I smell something awesome being built! your making me wanna build a custom utility bike! stop it!! I have no room! lol
Funny thing is when I started this I had no clue of where I was going. Just a very general idea. Now I have a clearer picture in my head and it smells like Dieselpunk.

Ay Mamita!!
I´m drooling, that thing went from plain ugly to desire object for me and many others.
Not sure about the board at the back, try to keep that time line of look.
Congrats man, can´t wait to see it done!

Latest posts

Back