Jetflow for Johnny - Finishing up!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Two of my favorite tanks are the Western Flyer X-53 and the JC Higgins Jetflow, so when a Jetflow tank and frame became available…
A82E6DC6-8D09-405E-810D-FD142B54CC6B.jpeg

9D79561B-002D-4148-9E92-21966C94CE83.jpeg

… and I actully had the means, here we are.

And because it’s the coolest fork and I wanted to add a touch of X-53…
44FD43F2-F999-416C-9461-28275E7641D3.jpeg

Hounddog Approved! (wife too!)
2E93FF03-C5A0-49BB-9E4D-8E85E80CB8F1.jpeg

Plan is a in the works. The tank definitely needs some cleanup, esp. the other side. Fork & frame are pretty good, so maybe a simple cleanup, maybe a full refinish.

My main focus is on my Class 2, so infrequent updates here, but here we go! 😄

I agree about X53s and JetFlows, but I think I like the JetFlows just a little more. Great score. Have fun.

How did I miss this on page 2 also... Fantastic start.
Hahaha! 🤣 I’ll be spending a lot of time on pg. 2 with this one. Probably won’t be much going on with it until June. But thanks for bringing back to thee top!

On the bright side, only day 4 we have multiple pages of builds!

(I count time keeping up with threads as build time, and bill the appropriate agencies accordingly! 😉)

Since I was rescued from 2nd page slacker status, I figure I should do something related…

So, I was doing other chores when I took a moment to dig through some boxes and found this F&S Komet Super hub from my CWC a few years back. (It received a new SA 5-speed)
16C1369A-E3B5-4348-89C8-8685FBB6B3DF.jpeg

I’ll have to see that it fits and actually learn about tearing it down, cleaning, lubricating, & rebuilding. I’ve always been a modernizer more than a restorer.

That is a killer tank 😍 is there room at the top part of your steartube for a spacer the clamp on the top of the springer looks like it's pushing up or maybe it's just the way it's sitting. If it is could cause problems later. Killer fork too

That is a killer tank 😍 is there room at the top part of your steartube for a spacer the clamp on the top of the springer looks like it's pushing up or maybe it's just the way it's sitting. If it is could cause problems later. Killer fork too
It’s just hand tight, and not even very hand tight, just a slap together for the pic. Once I get to really working on it I think it’ll fit fine. If not, I have spacers, saws, a welder, hammers, and wrenches to make sure it’s good. 😉

Which side is more faded, they are not a matched pair, one side red and the other fully chrome...

Nice, though, very nice!

Latest posts

Back