Jinxed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally decided on the name Jinxed because this old bike fought me the whole way. I wanted to give it a few more dents, but no dents were removed during this build. So if dents build character this 1936 Shelby has a plenty of character. I was unable to complete my original mission to make the bike look similar to my Shelby GT500KR, time got the best of me, so I went in a hot rod direction.
Here's what I came up with, I hope you like it.
Kenny
Here's how it all started.
shelby.jpg

dscn0815.jpg

The Shelby beside the wife's 04 Mach1
dscn0968.jpg

dscn0975.jpg

Like I said no dents were removed.
dscn0974.jpg

dscn0971.jpg

This old light has been with me for a long time, so the Shelby is going to have it's turn with the light.
dscn0970.jpg

My battery box for head light.
dscn0972.jpg

The old Bendix kickback hub.
dscn0973.jpg

dscn0976.jpg

Shifter for the Dana 3 speed.
dscn0977.jpg

dscn0978.jpg

dscn0982.jpg

It is a fun old bike.
dscn0986.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks Doc.
I originally used that battery box on my Jetflow back in 2012 to power my headlight because I never thought I would get a tank. Then it set on the shelf after finding a tank for the Jetflow. This is the first time the box has seen daylight in a long time.
Kenny
img_2752.jpg

Battery box, headlight, drivetrain....!! Nicely done!

Cool bike crazy drive train on that old girl I bet she's never rolled so fast !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glad to see you got this one done. Love those Dana's How well does it work with the kickback?
CONGRATS my friend!!

Thanks for all the great comments.
The Dana has its quirks, but its something you can get used to. To shift the kickback or apply the brake the peddle has to travel back a 1/4 rotation to shift or brake. When the peddle makes the transition from coming up and starting down you feel free play in the Dana for a split second. On the positive side, the Dana shifts quick and positive, and you have a gear ratio for anything you want to do, with this combination. It's no Shimano 6 speed hub, but the cool factor is awesome. I would build it this way again.
Kenny

I'm glad to have been able to complete the Shelby, I had my doughts, I did take off work a few days to make it happen.

Nice combo!! Sweet looking bike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great comments
Kenny

Took Jinxed out for a ride today. I found out that if you keep pressure on the peddle after the peddle hits the bottom of its rotation and starts back up a few inches, it makes a smooth transition to the other peddle heading down. Eliminating that split second of freeplay.

Latest posts

Back