JoKeRs other stuff (now with bents)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, here's some of the rideable stuff. You may notice I like Stingrays. Thank you, Wal-mart.
Here's my ray trilogy.
thetriogy.jpg

The Stocker.
stocker.jpg

The Blingray.
blingray.jpg

The 5spd. It uses an electric "paddle" shift system.
5spd.jpg

The chopper. lots of original schwinn parts. not for purist's! I designed these forks in 1977.
chopper.jpg

The green manalishi, power assist delta trike.
greenmanalishi.jpg

The wheely bike, originally a very pink girl's bike.
whlebike.jpg

The Pixie, can be ridden by all ages!
pixie.jpg

And finally (for now) The UAV.
UAV.jpg

Re: JoKeRs other stuff

Very cool collection of bikes. Tell us more about the electric paddle shift and the UAV

i like the chopper, like the "funny car" or muscle bikes !!! :D

Nice bikes! Should probably change your name to RayRay. :D

cman said:
Very cool collection of bikes. Tell us more about the electric paddle shift and the UAV

OK, cman. The paddle shift actuator is a lumbar adjuster motor from a Buick Park Ave. I removed the orig. cable and installed a regular shift cable, this required no mods!. There's a button near each grip, one for upshift(rt), the other for down. Takes a little skill to shift as it has no indexing. The UAV's drive is from a discarded scooter(hence the 20" up front), this is a great way to go power assist on a budget. Most of those sprockets will bolt straight up to a 16t freewheel, making them easy to adapt. With the motor up front it turns the bike into all wheel drive, a good feature for snow.

Alright, here's some more. As I take these things off the hook I'll photo 'em and put 'em here.

The 3spd recumbent, 1960 western flyer.

brtshstl.jpg

brtshstl02.jpg

My 74 Raleigh

LTD3.jpg

Some more bents

Lilly.jpg

lilly02.jpg

And the bike that started it all.

lwb001.jpg

lwb002.jpg

Triggerfish said:
Wow! Nice collection!

Do you have a detail shot of the box under the seat of the black Sting-ray?

Here ya' go, the black box contains the H-bridge to control the actuator. Battery and actuator are above in the tray.

stgshft001.jpg

stgshft002.jpg

stgshft003.jpg

And here's another actuator, still has it's position sensor.

stgshft004.jpg

Triggerfish said:
Wow - very nice! thanks for posting the details.

Thanks, I see you're from Columbus. If you're going to Harrison next week you can see it first hand!

Transfered files from my old comp. today and found this gem. Test mockup of the chopper. Note knobby rear tire and plastic still on sissy bar! :)

P7010061.jpg

Latest posts

Back