July 6th- Evening Ride to the Beach- CT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLCTVWguy

Rollin' on 20's
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi folks! Hello to our friends who came on the Over the Bridge ride yesterday. That was a perfect day for a ride. Everyone had a good time. I may re-run this ride because it's so convenient to where we are in New London.

Tonight we are meeting for an evening ride with a local fixed-gear group. They do regular rides to Ocean Beach. We meet at the Bean & Leaf coffee shop at 13 Washington St. in New London CT.

The pace of the ride will be gentle enough for our group to ride single-speeds or cruisers. The ride is level and about 4 miles each way. Bring a light, as it may be getting towards dusk on our return trip. The bikes will need to be kept separate from the show cars at the beach, by request of the car clubs. We do not want to wear out our welcome.

Here are some pics of Ocean Beach:

obeach06.jpg

obeach08.jpg

obeach04.jpg

It's a fun ride, and we'll visit the beach again later in the season.

--Rob

Pictures from the Over The Bridge ride, July 5th, 2009:

Entrance to the New London side of the Pedestrian and Bicycle path (thanks City of NL for replacing the signs!):
overbridgesign11.jpg

CJ did not like the bridge and hung on for dear life (sorry man!):
overbridgecj2.jpg

Clear view of downtown New London from the Groton side(should go in my Neighborhood post actually):
overbridgenl6.jpg

Bikes at the National Submarine Memorial, Groton CT (This honors all the ships and sailors lost in submarines throughout US naval history, seems fitting for Independence Day weekend):
overbridgememor3.jpg

At the public Boat Launch under the bridge:
overbridgeboatl7.jpg

View of the tugs and dredges, Groton CT as seen from the bridge (another for my Neighborhood):
overbridgecrane10.jpg

Hope everyone enjoyed our little tour! More rides coming up- see the schedule at:
http://www.bareiss.net/bikeride.html

--Rob

Rob, I totally meant to do the bridge ride with yous guys and forgot. arg. I don't check email on weekends, and I spaced it. Perhaps next time I will make it, and I would also like to do the Ocean Beach ride.

-Ian

its not like i was just scared and hanging on for dear life we were stopped and I was holding on I didn't do that all the way across the bridge.

cody-james said:
its not like i was just scared and hanging on for dear life we were stopped and I was holding on I didn't do that all the way across the bridge.

I was just kidding man, hope you're not mad. The picture I got is just too funny because it looks like that. I was just having a little fun.

We did have a great ride to the beach and even got in some repairs on a cool old Bendix 2-speed hub beforehand. I rode my 66 Stingray 3-speed and Justin rode out on the 1952 Black Phantom, just finished. What an awesome bike!

Here are the pics:

66 3-speed Stingray and 52 Black Phantom at Ocean Beach:
070609obpbike.jpg

Impala Lowrider with full hydraulics and the best 67 GTO you've ever seen:
070609obplow.jpg

One of the baddest Rat Rods ever, a super chopped T-bucket with a blown big block, the whole car just about as tall as the blower with 18 inch wide tires in back... and a radical fat fender custom bike with glass knobs and skulls: 100% Rat!
070609obprats.jpg

62 Chrysler 300G, 413 big block with cross-ram, the best of the best big Mopars of the day:
070609obp300.jpg

We're doing this ride again later in the summer, don't miss it!

http://www.bareiss.net/bikeride2009.html
--Rob

Back