June '64 Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
He says it's been barn stored and untouched. I have no idea how he came up with $850, but I want to know what you think it's proper value would be?

00o0o_8iAXMQAkD7e_600x450.jpg

00j0j_etIEE8KVsaM_600x450.jpg

00N0N_aG9wSJbc5Dc_600x450.jpg

Fresh from many years of hot dry Southern California desert barn storage....serial number date's this vintage Schwinn to June 16th of 1964!!... Schwinn Deluxe Stingray vintage bicycle!!......Never restored!...Never taken apart!!...Nothing added or modified!!!.....Whitewall tires are the original's.....Original color is candy viole

Looks like it was kept ON TOP of the barn. :21:

You're looking at a total restoration on this bike which would put it way above the market value.

It would have to be in pretty nice shape just to fetch the money he's asking.

I think the same thing, neat bike, but not worth $850 in that condition. It is pretty rough! Now if it was a 1963 maybe it would bring that even in that shape?

I thought it was in primer when I saw the pictures ha!

Wow, I've never seen the radiant paint that faded! It honestly looks more like a 3-4 bill bike. It's rough but mostly original besides tires. Chrome looks like it'd come back but the seat is pretty rowdy, and the paint.. oh, the paint.

A couple years ago I was bugging a kid all day at MLC to sell the lime '64 he was riding. He finally caved at the end of the day but I had already spent all my cookie money on another project. I don't really like muscle bikes but an early 'ray would be the one.

Hmmm! 850? Someones been watchin to much tv, and hangin on "Plee Bay" to much!

Cindition, 75 on a good day.

Remember this is a very early Stingray, they are far more rare!
Still $850 is way over the top, $2-300 maybe? If it is pretty complete, parts will be hard to find and expensive...
If it was a '63, it would be worth more, but even then it seems over priced.

Luke.

Remember this is a very early Stingray, they are far more rare!
Still $850 is way over the top, $2-300 maybe? If it is pretty complete, parts will be hard to find and expensive...
If it was a '63, it would be worth more, but even then it seems over priced.

Luke.

Point well made.

Latest posts

Back