Junk 20" Moto-x salvaged

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I guess this would be my first "official" bike thread, as I haven't started my chopper build yet. This is the bike I found in the trash with it, spent about $30 for a chain, freewheel, grips, and cables. I didn't take a before pic, but it was totally covered with UV-faded plastic fairings (garbage) and the drivetrain was rusted solid. I wire-wheeled the chainring, hit it with a quick coat of Rustoleum. Completely disassembled it, greased everything, cleaned it up as much as I could, and slapped it back together.

Mostly done:
bmx1.jpg

Painted the seat fairing:
bmx2.jpg

And since my son is still a bit short for the bike (and these cheesy moto-x bikes have no adjustable seatpost) I hacked the seat mount down about 1.5" to help him out.
bmx-seat.jpg

Next up, a worklog for the OCC Chopper!

Thanks man, it's been years since I fully rebuilt a bike.. I've never worked on a bike with disks before this one, seriously. Wasn't too bad.

And I had fun with it while the seat mount was off, I was cruising it around the yard doing dumb stuff with nothing under me... I swear, my kids must think I'm an ex-circus performer or something! :lol:

When your kids are small every dads a circus clown, just don't dress the part. Thats to scary in too many ways.

i've found a couple of these. one i cut in half and it has the front end of an occ on it. the other i haven't messed with yet, but my sawzall is eyeing it so it won't get away.

Latest posts

Back