Junk yard scores

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found some good stuff today.

First is a Murray with a HOT paint job. I think I'm going to go a little muscle bike with this one and make a wheelie machine. Maybe long fork with small wheel up front.
IMG_8327-vi.jpg

Second is a Huffy cruiser. The wife *says* she wants it but I know she won't ride it. I'm going to do a gender reassignment to the top tube and rat rod her out.
IMG_8328-vi.jpg

Third is a good parts bike. A nice Columbia. Someone already scored the handlebars and seat but left lots of good stuff. It has a Sturmey Archer 3-spd wheel and a good shifter and some nice fenders. These parts are going to make their way onto the tandem I picked up last year.
IMG_8329-vi.jpg

...the Huffy "Daisy" tandem. The first ride on it with the wife she complained that it was hard to pedal so I think the 3-spd wheel will encourage her to be seen on it with me more often. I just want to freshen her up with some new paint and get her rolling. Turn a few heads on the rail trail.
IMG_8330-vi.jpg

My birthday last year turned into a wonderful drunken bike riding mess with only 2 bikes. I'm hoping to have a couple more ready to roll and double the danger.

Back