Junker save.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One of my junker / pickers brought this one over and asked if I wanted it. Traded about $10-$15 worth of junk for it. Head badge says Hawthorne Montgomery Ward I'm guessing 1960's? Chrome is in great shape, paint is bright but has some scratches on the fork and fenders, nice wide messenger seat, and it's a cool 3 bar frame. Too bad it's a ladies but still a nice bike, way too nice to see her scrapped and I think I have a blue Hawthorne rack somewhere in my shed that will be perfect for this.

image-154.jpg

image-155.jpg

image-156.jpg

deven_science said:
Looks a bit like my Hawthorne. Mine's a '58, according to the hubs.
Where do you look on the hubs? Mine has the Sachs Jet coaster hub. Only marking I found is on the hub shell "Sachs Jet 36R".

Looked at this bike and kept thinking Ive seen a bike like that lately, then it hit me I tripped over the 24 inch version as I was in my shop putting christmas stuff up. lol

Bravo, I'm always happy to see anything saved from the scrap pile! Probably earlier 60s, as they phased out metal badges for decals around the mid 60s. I have a similar bike bought at Cash Converters back in Va. Beach. It's almost the same color as Schwinn's Campus Green, which was reason enough for me to get it! -Adam

I cleaned it up a bit and fixed the tube. I put it up on Craigslist for $75 OBO, I figure if I get an offer of $50 I'll let it go...Then buy more bikes. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back