Just a dude from MA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been lurking here for a little bit so I figure I should introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Kevin. Former mechanical engineer. Gone back to carpentry. It's much easier on my constitution.

Anyway, been wrenching on bikes since I was a little tyke. I do a lot of mtn biking and a little road and dabbling in cyclocross.

Used to be big into minitrucks. Bags, big wheels, body drops, shaving, etc. Built a few trucks, paid to have a couple built. EXPENSIVE hobby but that's what being young and stupid is all about. But man was it fun as heck.

Anyway, my old room mate and I got on a chopper kick and built a couple funky bikes.

This was Brian's. Started out as his old Schwinn mtn bike. Made a cool suicide shifter for it - shifts front deraileur. Made the handlebars.
IMG_2435-vi.jpg

I made this one from scratch. Started with a BB and rear drops. Made everything else.
MVC811F-vi.jpg

...just realized that I don't have the finished pictures online, just a drunken action shot from my birthday last summer
l_c943b4178c47f1ec940ce586525f0a7c.jpg

I'll put some better ones up soon.

also have a dope old Huffy tandem that a friend gave me. I need to find the time to get this project going. I'm thinking flat red with white pinstriping. 72 spoke radially laced wheels with white walls. Get some of the shiny bits re-chromed. Some sort of old springer fork. It's a fun bike.
31birthday3-vi.jpg

That's me in front. Same drunken party. Had a chopper vs tandem skid contest that night - or so they tell me.

thanks
kev

Welcome from western MA!

Welcome! I'm a couple of states down but we are still neighbors..lol

thanks for the warm welcome.

I haven't been building in a while but I hope getting on here will re-spark the flame.

Kota - where in western MA are you? I'm in Pittsfield. I was hoping to get a hot rod bike pub crawl together downtown this summer. If it comes together I'll let ya know.

"I haven't been building in a while but I hope getting on here will re-spark the flame."

Oh no doubt, if you stay around here it gets worse than akehol. Welcome.

Latest posts

Back