Just a thought?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkme

𝐰𝐰𝐰.𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞.𝐧𝐮𝐭
Reaction score
I was thinking of our normal prize threads that come up with some pretty cool prizes thrown in.
And I was just wondering what builders would think of a small decal that could be placed on the 1st,2nd and 3rd placed bikes.
They could be used for Winter and Summer build-offs. Small enough to be placed lets say on the down bar etc
Something simple with the RRB logo and placing.
We are all proud of our builds and I know some of you guys sell off your winning builds. So a small decal would show that bike pride off.
Of course there are 3 things to consider.
1. A yes from Steve (permission for use of the RRB logo).
2 A artist/designer
3 Someone who makes quality decals.
I remember someone made some a few years ago(and I was lucky to receive a couple).

I just did these quickly as a idea. Certainly not my design and don't want to stand on someones toes.Just took 2 pics from google
and combined them as a sample pic. 4e05925e63981bc8ffd337aac7972ec1 - Copy (2).jpg 4e05925e63981bc8ffd337aac7972ec1 - Copy.jpg 4e05925e63981bc8ffd337aac7972ec1.jpg

Interested in what you guys think? Pros and Cons

Great idea! A water slide decal might be cool also.
Is that like a diecut?.
I also thought like a skull or rat, a motif that fits us.I'm sure a designer would come up with a great Ist,2nd and 3rd logo. I think they would look great on stem tubes near the bottom bracket.

Hahaha
I was going to mention that too, and I don't think he'd mind the use of the logo. Always nice to ask first though.

Also, I like the idea.

Waterslide decals are like oem decals on bikes (not vinyl stickers).

You do know that @Rat Rod is a graphic designer, right?;)
:21:After I wrote that,I cocked my head and the light bulb went off. Long hard windy day at work, and then a windy cycle + photo shoot and then trying to stop my lids from closing and think to write this thread was the last call.:21::wink1:

So then 1-2 is solved within 1:113:
Just need a waterslide decal maker.:bigsmile:
And now I know the name of that type of decal. Even better. Thanx teach.

Just playing around for placing ideas,using sprockets and wheels etc.s-l225 - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg s-l225 - Copy.jpg s-l225.jpg
I like the idea of using the roman numbers.

I'd like to see a general BO12 logo/decal for "finishers" that you could put on your bike to identify its mission or purpose in life.
First 3 finishers special decal would be fine also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know what I'd like to see for the top spot???

^ that was the pause to guess.

Anyway, as a redneck wrestling fan; I'd like to see a title belt.

My thought is something that is easily modified with bolt on plates that can be passed from one year to the next.

Maybe a championship belt with small side plates with the year/build off number, and a name plate that can be engraved with the builders moniker.

Something like this.
414cf323fe575a765f16e4852c4cf449.jpg

The big plate in the middle would have the RRB logo, and the smaller plates on either side would have the annual date or something.

Under the big plate would be a name plate that is replaceable, as well as the smaller plates. That way the top trophy could be passed from winner to winner, year to year; with ease.

Who would pay the shipping ? The guy passing it on or the guy who wins ? Or maybe all the participants for that particular build would all pitch in ?

Who would pay the shipping ? The guy passing it on or the guy who wins ? Or maybe all the participants for that particular build would all pitch in ?
Shipping could be a killer!

There could possibly be a shipping pot put together, that'd be nifty.

But I'm not thinking about something gold and gem encrusted. Just something made from scrap metal, might not weight as much as it seems.
But as the title of the thread says... Just a thought.

It would also be cool to have a post build show where participants able and willing could make pilgrimage to some location to display their builds in the flesh. Some trading could even take place? I suppose the attendance would be limited but who knows. Again "just a thought".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back