Just an old school hot rodder

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Getting back into bicycles in my old age! I need more exercise! I started with a bobber, big apes, spring seat, single speed, etc.........but who can stop at just one? I also have a 1939 Chevy pickup rat rod and a 1962 Rambler gasser, I know, I know this is a bicycle site! I will try to post up some of my junk when I have some time.

Thanks,
Big Ape

Luke, looks like you have some pretty crazy (out of box) builds....Awesome. I am working on an old Poland Tyler brand bike right now.....building it into an upside down- tall bike. I giggle a little just thinking Polish bike - built upside down. I'll get some pics up Friday or so.

heya big ape
welcome
i think rat rod bicycles go hand to hand with hot rodders
i too am a very avid hot rod enthusiast
i have built a few including a 56 nomad Gasser. and a 1949( i think) ford leadsled i also built a couple motorcycles as well as some other different things.
i know im sure i speak for a lot of people when i say my bicycle ideas are always hot rod inspired and a lot of that is true with a lot of people from this site.
you will find an excellent group of people here who are a lot like you.plus you can get some fantastic ideas if you get in a creative block mode and need advice.
not to mention an excellent source for a lot of hard to find parts and even bikes .

welcome to the site and hope we get to see some of you're collections.
sean

See if I can make this work.........

2011-03-18_16-37-05_754.jpg

The 1939 Chevy truck

Rumbler_005.JPG

The 1962 Rambler gasser

Welcome, your in the right place. I,too a have Tyler bike in a tall bike build.
The cars are well done except...is that a plastic wind deflector on the
roof of the Rambler?...Stevil

Yeah Stevil, it is. I installed a slider top (like the old VW accordion tops) in the Rambler for some summertime sunshine. The front edge would catch enough wind at highway speed that it caused the sides to flap. This was the only solution that I could come up with. Actually, I would have just lived with the noise.....but my passenger side seat cover whined until I made the flapping go away!!

no, I have a bunch of chevy parts layingaround from years of drag racing. So....it is a 327 chevy. Sorry to bust that AMC powered AMC dream, I am sure you were having:113:

I thought that I would show some pictures of my bikes. Not exactly awe inspiring, but I have to start somewhere, right?
My bobber, just a fun single speed w/springer. Probably a huffy frame ( I don't even know)
01522.JPG

My Polish Tyler upside-down tall bike. Almost done, waiting for my banana seat that UPS lost!
01615.JPG

Latest posts

Back