Just bought a high end mountain bike, need some info on it

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I'm a banana seat bike kinda guy so this whole modern bike thing is beyond me. I picked it up because its a high quality bike with quick release wheels, 21 speed and has a small or short frame height wise so I can ride it yet it still has 26 inch wheels.

The question I have is can anyone tell me much about it? Is it anything that's sought after or desireable?

I know I don't have a pic right now but the headbadge says "Iron Horse" with a picture of a horse on it. Its riveted on. The bike has been hose painted (spray painted) but at least its a decent hose paint respray. The color underneath the spraypaint is seafoam green.

It's got center pull aluminum brakes, aluminum wheels, aluminum brake levers, aluminum 3 p[iece crank (21 speed), lots of stuff says shimano altus a20 on it, and the frame has built in things on the top tube that hold the 3 cables on the frame instead of clamps, tire size is 26x 1.95

its a mens frame

Iron horse is not really a high end mnt bike , you could by one at sports authority. New it was probably 450$ at the most . Just because the parts say shimano doesn't mean there high end either . Shimano makes so many parts from Lowe budget 200$ bikes to
10,000$ mnt. Bikes XTR parts are the best then XT then SLX if your bike has these parts then it will qualify for high end . I'm sure it's a good entry level mnt . Bike . Which may be perfect for you to get started on & have some real fun !!!! Congratulations on your new bike hit the trail & start getting use to riding in the woods , have a blast [emoji106][emoji106] this doesn't mean you have to spend a lot of $$$$ to put a smile on your face ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are pics of the bike.
keiMW7F.jpg
zWFMY05.jpg
SOjFxld.jpg
JkUNuus.jpg
bSSXwtL.jpg

This bike is way too modern and high tech for me. I thought I could get into riding a modern high end quality mountain bike but I just can't break away from my banana seat bikes, there what I grew up riding from elementary school straight thru high school. Everyone else rode mountain bikes and bmx bikes and I rode an old worn out beat up banana bike because it was all I could afford. Now I feel I can't switch my loyalty to these modern high tech...things.

I deceided to sell it. I really was happier riding a banana bike anyhow. So we'll see if anyone is interested. I'll create an official for sale post later on in the proper forum as soon as I can. I just have to wait until after 6pm Monday evening to find out if someone is interested that was looking for a mountain bike. if he isn't, I'll post it for sale on the forums here.

Latest posts

Back