Just found this site.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just found the site and it's great. I have been building and riding custom bikes for about ten years. My most recent find is this 1936-38 shelby supreme. I knew someone who was looking for a cruiser, I had seen this one from a distance. I left a note on the owners truck that said "If you want to sell that rusty old bike, give me a call." I had only seen it from the road. I had no idea what it was. The owner said it was a schwinn from the fifties. I offered $15. He asked if I would pay $20. I was going to sell to a guy I worked with until I saw how old and unique it really was. I spent a few hours working the skip tooth chain. greased everything, sanded off most of the brown paint that had been brushed on, added a few accessories including a tail light I made from a reflector and sheet metal. It is fun to ride. And needless to say, I'm not selling to the guy looking for a cruiser. I also build swingbikes Rat-Rod style. I also make them nice, if that's your style. :wink: Check them out on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5P70XtI4zQ

bikepics029.jpg

bikepics030.jpg

bikepics031.jpg

bikepics032.jpg

swingbike2.jpg

swingbike1.jpg

Welcome! Nice score on the Shelby!......Swing bike looks VERY cool..... But how the heck do you ride that thing? :lol:

UNBELIEVABLE!...Now that I've SEEN the video, that is hands down, the COOLEST bike I've ever seen. ( you guys make it look easy)

dude how much do you charge to build a swing bike? those are bad ... and look like there super fun to wheelie!! pm me with a price on one please!!!

I watched you video... I used to ride on of the originals when I was a kid but I recently built myself a 26" x 20" version. Thought it would be a little more comfortable at 6'2". My question is how did you do reverse on the flat red bike in the video? do you have a multi speed fixed gear? I ride a fixed gear road bike as well and thought it would be fun to try on the swing bike some day.

It is a regular 5 speed wheel. I was just coasting backward. I can coast backward as long as I have a gradual decline, but I have to either pedal backward or coast with my feet off the pedals. I have tried fixed gear wheels on swingbikes, but do not like them because the pedals can hit the ground when turning. It may just take some getting used to. A low range fixed gear could make for some cool wheelies. I just like to be able to lean my bikes.

Latest posts

Back