Just pulled This out of my crawl space!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 'was' trying to unclog my shower today and decided to crawl under my house(rental with a crawl space). For some reason I haven't been under there yet after living here for 5 years! Well, I get crawling with my flashlight and as I near the offending j-bend my eyes catch on an old bike wheel. Huh? I look around more and find a fender set, full wheel set and a handlebar but then, in the corner, I see a frame. The wheels, I think, and the handlebars go with this frame and are still under the house but the fenders go to something else. The frame had a set on it along with a rear rack and wheel stand. Suddenly, my shower isn't getting fixed today. I can't find a serial number and the only thing I can find to match the headbadge via Google is it may be a Norman Invader. The only pics I can find so far of Invaders are all 50's touring style bikes and this is definitely not one of them. What do you think?
5121000088_c86b0c5706_z.jpg

5120999882_aac28d491b_z.jpg

5120999768_e77f69f225_z.jpg

Troxel seat
5120396605_b0a2eba2c4_z.jpg

5120999474_348b73f59e_z.jpg

Invader?
5120396283_4ca674b1b0_z.jpg

I'm sure it's been painted atleast once and is in rough shape but how cool?!? Can't believe I never went under my house before. The wife is gonna be pissed when she sees this AND the shower is still not fixed but oh well :wink:

The wife is gonna be pissed when she sees this AND the shower is still not fixed but oh well :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats FUNNY!!!!!!!!!

I spent years of doing heating and cooling and was many old crawl spaces. Never made a find like that. Great story. I say bring the old girl back to life. I wouldn't have gotten the shower fixed either. :lol:

Great find! Hopefully the wheels are usable.

And I've always had many women in my home, wife and many daughters, lots of hair. The best way to unclog those shower drains is with a steel coat hanger stretched out like a wire, using it like a snake. The end will grab all the hair in one blob and you're set for another month or two.

And check for a stash of cash in the tank!

very cool score and story the frame is prewar but the chainring is newer i would make a cool rider 4 sure just cause of the story awsum 4 u :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's a great story. I too have been in my share of crawl spaces and never found anything more than an old beer can.
With a back story like that you have to make arider out of it!

Latest posts

Back