Just saw the coolest bike movie...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Klunkerz...Those guys were Bad A... man. I never understood what in the heck my dad was talking about when hed mention klunkers from when he was younger. I think after watching this movie and reading about the history of these guys. This is the direction im taking my Electra dangit. If you haven't seen it, check it out!

Porkwagon said:
Klunkerz...Those guys were Bad A... man. I never understood what in the heck my dad was talking about when hed mention klunkers from when he was younger. I think after watching this movie and reading about the history of these guys. This is the direction im taking my Electra dangit. If you haven't seen it, check it out!
It is a great movie. Billy who made the documentary posts on here occasionally.
Check out my website for more good bike related movies.

I'm a complete sucker for bicycle flicks. I just got "Breaking Away" in the mail yesterday for a late Xmas present. Watched it last night and it was pretty darn good. I've got Klunkerz also and watched that a few times last week also when I was on vacation. I don't know if it was ever released here in the US but "The Flying Scotsman" is a really good movie. It's a true story also and if you like "The World's Fastest Indian then this would be right up your alley. I've got my fair share of bicycle documentary movies also...heck on Wheels, A Sunday in heck, Stars and Watercarriers, Eddy Merckx-The Greatest Show on Earth, Overcoming. The Bicycle Thief is really good also. I've got the Italian version but there's like a couple different versions I believe. There's a really good movie on Youtube that I downloaded since I couldn't find it anywhere and have it on my Ipod. Check out "Ride of My Life". It's about Rob Penn who goes out to build his ultimate bicycle by going around to different companies of the ultimate parts to see how their made or try to. It's really good and was shown on the BBC but not our BBC in the states.

For us artsy types, also watch The Triplets of Belleville.

The few words spoken throughout the movie are French. The rest is up to you to figure out.

Thanks for all the support RatRoders. I just made some new discs. I'll have them up for sale on the klunkerz site tomorrow.
Ride on,
Billy
P.S. It's Klunkerz with a "z"

Resurrecting this thread for a great movie.
First I ordered the movie Tuesday through Amazon. Wednesday I got an email from Bill saying had shipped the dvd. Saturday I have it in my hands.
I put the dvd in this afternoon. One by one my family sat down to watch it, this movie is that good y'all. I figured my youngest daughter would enjoy it if just for the action, but my wife who 'tolerates' bike addiction enjoyed it too.

Bill, I will rank this among the greats, Breaking Away, American Flyers, and The Flying Scotsman. I hope you and your crew had a lot of fun making it, and I can't wait for your next project.

klunkerbill said:
Thanks for all the support RatRoders. I just made some new discs. I'll have them up for sale on the klunkerz site tomorrow.
Ride on,
Billy
P.S. It's Klunkerz with a "z"

Since we are talking about favorite bike movies. I saw one on cable a few years ago that was in chinese, it was about a chinese bike messenger whose bike was stolen. it was a pretty cool movie and was subtitled. Does anyone know the title to this? It's starting to annoy me.

Hay Burner said:
Since we are talking about favorite bike movies. I saw one on cable a few years ago that was in chinese, it was about a chinese bike messenger whose bike was stolen. it was a pretty cool movie and was subtitled. Does anyone know the title to this? It's starting to annoy me.

I believe it's "Beijing Bicycle". Haven't seen it yet.

There's also a Japanese movie called "Messengers".

FYI, Klunkrz and World's Fastest Indian are both available from Netflix in case you subscribe.

WFI has to be one of my all time favorite movies!

Latest posts

Back