jwm from Whittier, CA Hello!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwm

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been lurking here for a while, and- well- I want to jump in and join the fun. I've been into classic bikes since the mid 1970's, but my small fleet was in mothballs until about a year ago. Right now the fleet consists of a 1950 Schwinn B6, a '56 Starlet, '61 Jaguar MKIV, and a '65 Starlet II. My pride 'n joy is the Stingray Spoiler that I bought last year, and converted to a three speed with the help of some of the good folks over at the Schwinn forum. As soon as I'm done tweaking the Spoiler to my satsifaction, I'm going for a rat project. The bikes I've seen here have been an inspiration. Unbelievably cool work. I'm looking forward to trading notes on projects. Let's try a pic...
PICT0003%20copy.jpg

JWM

Welcome ,nice spoiler; dig the shifter ,did you make that ?

p.s. i was born in east LA !

Thanks for the welcome, guys.
@ Fireproof; here's a link to a thread I started over on the Schwinn forum about doing the conversion.
Wayne, and Chopperguy were absolutely great about helping out, and I would not have got it done without them.
I'll get a pic up as soon as I get some batteries for the camera.
I made the shift mount myself out of junk I had lying around the garage. I wanted the suicide shift configuration without drilling into the frame, and after much brainstorming I figured out how. We can pick that discussion up in another thread if you'd like. Short version- the three speed and new seat change the Spoiler from a bike that's only good for under five miles on the flats, to a bike that's good for 20+ mile cruises.

JWM

jwm said:
. . . here's a link to a thread I started over on the Schwinn forum about doing the conversion.
Thanks for the link JWM . . . I read the entire thread. I will be in touch with you to share some spoiler experiences. We have several things in common! 8)

Latest posts

Back