RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
IMG_20220929_195028.jpg

GuitarlCarl

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Kaiju? Well it is a Nishiki frame so something Japanese would be apropos and sci-fi too, simple anime would be too easy maybe Atomic Punk... (That's after Steam Punk but before Diesel Punk) I'm thinking a TT bike with a fun paint scheme. Many seem to have paint rivaling the best Muscle Bikes so that's a challenge right there. How authentic can I get without breaking the bank?

Last edited:

GuitarlCarl

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
A rough "stance" look. The 26" fork is there even though I probably won't be using this one and the welds need a ton of grinding and bondo to be anywhere near aerodynamic. One advantage of the chop is I can now stand over it...
IMG_20221003_120110.jpg
IMG_20221003_120435.jpg

The flipped rocker rat trap looks funky and takes away from that vertical leaning forward pedal to keep from falling forward look that every TT bike has. But I had to put it on just to see, you never know it might be the thing that pushes it over the top. Since this is a cartoon of a TT style bike it's libel to have anything show up on it.

GuitarlCarl

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
I've been grinding, filing, grinding, flap wheel, filing, sanding... little at a time. Tedious, nothing to see, probably get the bondo out soon. Filing inside the seat tube has been a real treat, burned through in a spot and had to smooth it out to get the seatpost down. Looking thru paint I have and working on a crazy paint scheme. May pull out a couple bikes to be combined for the ORBO and call it "Son of Kaiju" wonder if I can get it to blow smoke rings...

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Reaction score
I can almost see a TT bike in this classic Japanese painting..

1665023562844.png

GuitarlCarl

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
IMG_20221006_095556.jpg
IMG_20221006_095608.jpg
IMG_20221006_095743.jpg
IMG_20221006_105711.jpg

I thought I was close to the Bondo stage but I'm thinking I should probably strip the rest of the paint first. Two concessions on my TT tribute, 1 brakes and 2 a kickstand. Since I plan on cruising the street with it and maybe trolling the Touring bike group that rides in my area, I think brakes are pretty important. The kickstand just makes it easier all around.

Last edited:

GuitarlCarl

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
The lugs are nice, I like the way the top tube is lower than the seat stays. Nice frame
You do realize I slice and diced it to get that look. I should be able to stand over it now, the top tube was just about 36" off the ground before and I couldn't. I saved as much lug as I could when I dropped the top tube and filled it in with weld. Wait till I get the wings and such fabricated. I'm envisioning ways to use some of the red acrylic I have too.

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
You do realize I slice and diced it to get that look. I should be able to stand over it now, the top tube was just about 36" off the ground before and I couldn't. I saved as much lug as I could when I dropped the top tube and filled it in with weld. Wait till I get the wings and such fabricated. I'm envisioning ways to use some of the red acrylic I have too.
That shows just how cool this is Carl; you 'sliced and diced' and it looked twice as niced. Stealth work, my friend!

You mentioned that this might be kind of a 'cartoonish' build. I believe I may have found just the perfect helmet to use when riding it. You know, to protect your 'melon'....

melon helmet.jpg

Latest posts