Kaiju

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tachyon looks right
The only thing I can think of is land of the lost

6fd7f571-43c3-4bc7-9440-f8ccf9ba7f6e_text.gif

I saw that. Takhion in English I think? But Tachyon looks right too. All good, I've always had deep feelings for all the peaceful Russian people. (peaceful people everywhere for that matter) They shouldn't bear the brunt of hatred because of their "leaders" military actions. I also read their disc wheels are very good, made in a factory that made aircraft landing gear.
I deeply agree.
Tachyon is a translation of the word, Takhion is a transcription of how it would sound in Russian. It is a theoretical elementary particle that has almost no mass, and therefore moves very fast.

Hmm, seems I'll be needing some tachyon amplifiers for the Kaiju build. Checklist so far: tachyon amplifiers, lasers, dorsal plates, pale yellow, neon green and two tones of salmon paint, pinstripe tape, shifter cables, polystyrene sheet, tires, tubes and liners. Possible reemergence of plasma ball.

Last edited:
That wrap looks amazing! Something else I'm going to have to try.
It's the tape. Old Benotto is often striped in a countries team colors but it's also not made anymore so it's getting harder to find.

I like your toy box. Lots of cool stuff.
Haha! There's way too much stuff in there! At least 10 bikes and twice as many stashed at a top secret location.
Some rando paint undercoating happening at the moment too.
IMG_20221028_155244.jpg

So I mentioned another Nishiki frame I had, well it has a chrome fork and a better headset. So I cut it down. Keeping the long original fork (also chrome) for stash. Red 26" fork is extra now but nothing to worry about.
IMG_20221030_155535.jpg
IMG_20221030_162543.jpg
IMG_20221030_162244.jpg

I'm pretty sure the original frame and fork are 700c as opposed to 27 1/4" so the steering geometry should back to stock with a 700c wheel (or close if it was 27 1/4") The difference for the 26 x 1 3/8" front wheel could be noticeable if I was concerned but I'm not. I have lots of skinny wheel sets, so we'll see it may end up 700c anyway.

Last edited:
Carl, will that turquoise make the cut? I really liked it around the lugs. Great color ideas for this, TT bikes are / should be flashy. They are like the 100 meter sprinters in the Olympics. 'Hot-dogs' we used to call them BITD.

Your frame is spot on ! Our Midwest weather has been phenomenal this past week or so. Hope you can get 'er painted before the curtain falls.

Diggin' it!

So I mentioned another Nishiki frame I had, well it has a chrome fork and a better headset. So I cut it down. Keeping the long original fork (also chrome) for stash. Red 26" fork is extra now but nothing to worry about.
View attachment 215219View attachment 215221View attachment 215222
I'm pretty sure the original frame and fork are 700c as opposed to 27 1/4" so the steering geometry should back to stock with a 700c wheel (or close if it was 27 1/4") The difference for the 26 x 1 3/8" front wheel could be noticeable if I was concerned but I'm not. I have lots of skinny wheel sets, so we'll see it may end up 700c anyway.
the Pink is cool, but I like this paint job!

Latest posts

Back