Kestrel carbon fiber with SRAM Rival

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
first ride this morning to work on this '09 Kestrel Evoke SL carbon fiber with SRAM 10 speed groupo. Not too shabby. Very light, fast, drivetrain a little more klunky than 9 spd Shimano 105 STI I'm used to. Frame, stem, handlbars, seat post and brake levers are all cf.

4029672148_c82cf976cc_b.jpg

4029673444_59bc81ef24_b.jpg

4029674496_b96ce12ea6_b.jpg

4028922263_fc548cdc34_b.jpg

4029677044_cd2204f223_b.jpg

Aww man thats nice, id love a dabble on a cf roadie i just can't justify the cash... ...., makes me a lil' less proud of my old 10 speed now... Ill have to find me some CF look-a-like sticky backed plastic :p

hahaha, the rest of the spokes are on back order.

Cool bike and lightweight 16.5 pounds. :shock:

I don't think carbon fiber and me would get along.

i agree there 16.5 lbs doesnt inspire confidence in strength... it just wouldnt feel right... and try not to forget that your clipped in with those pedals :lol: .... i did once on a borrowed bike and ended up lay on someones bonnet (hood) apologising profusely for my ever so graceful fall onto his car.... lesson 1... unclip BEFORE you try and put your foot on the floor :oops: :oops: :oops:

you guys are funny. the only thing I'm a little leary of are the cf handlebars. I have seen them break. I have never seen a cf frame break (though I'm sure they have), and I've been riding a cf Trek for 6 years, so I'm ok with that.

when the UPS guy handed me the box, I though it was either empty or missing the wheelset. it is crazy light, but I know dudes running sub 14 lb bikes. i would too if i could afford it.

How many batteries does it take to light up the seatbag? :lol:

o snap! (pun intended) thanks guys. you're the best.

^^ yes it is. Rode it up Meriden Mtn last night, averaged a full 1 mph faster than usual. And I wasn't feeling that great going into the ride, was down on sleep. The Ksyrium wheels are amazing. 47 mph decent down the mountain was rock stable. For as stiff as the bike is, it absorbs road faults nicely.

Back