kickstand issue...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I bought what I think is an older (03 or older... ish) pair of Electra cruisers today. The ladies bike has a problem with the kickstand... it sometimes wants to "overextend". And by overextend I mean it wants to rotate 360*. Is there an easy fix for this? If not... how about a difficult one? It is an integrated kickstand, not a bolt on.

Thanks!

It is an easy fix , but requires a special tool. Might be something better tackled by your local bike shop. You will already be there to get the replacement part that will be needed. There is a small piece that is inserted in the tube before the actual kickstand is inserted. These either wear out or get damaged by sitting on the bike w/ the kickstand down. You can make the special tool that is needed to remove/install the little pin that holds the assembly together or purchase one for around $30-$40.

Well... I've got a building full of bikes... and a couple toolboxes with space left in them still... point me in the right direction of this tool that i'm going to make or purchase! :wink:

Thanks!

I'll start off saying I know nothing about Electra bikes. But some of the old Schwinn's have the built in kickstand. (Columbia's do too, but they're a different design.)
If the Electra's are anything like the Schwinns, all you need are some channel locks, a rag and needle nose pilers. http://www.bunchobikes.com/repair2.htm

Latest posts

Back