Kilroy Is Here!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks,

Well, introduction... Let's see if I can keep this brief! I got into bicycles when I came home from my first year of college. I started working at a pizza place local to my home town and the junior college I transferred to, and discovered the healthy and satisfying hobby of cycling while bouncing from here to there while I didn't have a car! The first few bikes I built up on my own were lowriders and resurrected Schwinns, but for the last couple of years I've been into road cycling and even started dabbling in racing, although that fell through quickly because I'm not a very competitive person. I'm real happy to have found this site... I'm also interested in motorcycles and vintage American hot rods, and wandered in here because I'm researching options for my first motorized bicycle build. I was inspired by my best friend Justin and the 66cc kit he slapped onto a Schwinn I built him for his 21st birthday. Anyway, here are some pics of bikes I've made that fit the bill around here, and a random shot of me in my element! Cheers. :mrgreen:

-Kilroy

This is my first and *only* lowrider bike. I built it up from new parts put out by that Taiwan-based company that simply goes by "Lowrider." I sold it cheap during desperate times. :oops:
148826_468686552425_669272425_5844850_6546159_n.jpg

148826_468686557425_669272425_5844851_6599190_n.jpg

148826_468686562425_669272425_5844852_3303470_n.jpg

Ummm... This is a 'thing' I built out of a mish-mash of parts because at the time I thought it would be cool. I didn't like it, so it's already been pieced out for some other stuff including a fixie.
148826_468686567425_669272425_5844853_4415439_n.jpg

Here's the mid-70's Schwinn I built for my friend Justin. It was totally rusted and out-of-commission when I pulled it out of my grandparents' barn. I stripped it down, sand-blasted it and painted it at my uncle's hot rod shop (Double ZZ Hot Rods in Dinuba, CA) with my cousin. It's got lots of pinstripes and other funky stuff, but that's hard to see in the photo.
148317_466750652425_669272425_5818904_4683839_n.jpg

And finally, here's me, doing my thing... This was the only race I ever competed in. I had been sick all week so I didn't even finish the .... thing, because it was seven AM and raining and I got a coughing fit about half way through. Even Cat 5 racing is brutal, and it was an eye-opening experience. I did not enjoy the stress of competition, though, so that's that!
148826_468686572425_669272425_5844854_7874194_n.jpg

Thanks for the welcomes, folks! Over my winter break I plan on building my first "rat" using parts I've got sitting around back home. I'm real excited to post the build here. In fact, all of the bikes I currently own in operating condition are road bikes, so it'll be a nice change to get back on something with some fat tires and just cruise around. Cheers! :)

-Kilroy

are you on any other forums? i recognize your username from somewhere, anyways WELCOME :mrgreen: always looking foward to new guys and there bikes

masterpoop63 said:
are you on any other forums? i recognize your username from somewhere, anyways WELCOME :mrgreen: always looking foward to new guys and there bikes

I actually just invented this username recently. I posted it here and at the Retrobikes forum. I typically go by my real name on other forums, but those are non-bicycle related. My user name is wisgliebau on the Weight Weenies forum, but I think I may try to get it changed to Kilroy to simplify matters and make it more private. Anyway, Kilroy is a historic graffiti character that was made popular during World War II when American soldiers would draw his image and write "Kilroy was here" over it in German-held territory that they wandered through. I'm not sure if it was popular in the Pacific front, though... So maybe you know the name from that?

Here he is on the Washington D.C. WWII Memorial... Cheers!

kilroy.jpg

Kilroy said:
masterpoop63 said:

I actually just invented this username recently. I posted it here and at the Retrobikes forum. I typically go by my real name on other forums, but those are non-bicycle related. My user name is wisgliebau on the Weight Weenies forum, but I think I may try to get it changed to Kilroy to simplify matters and make it more private. Anyway, Kilroy is a historic graffiti character that was made popular during World War II when American soldiers would draw his image and write "Kilroy was here" over it in German-held territory that they wandered through. I'm not sure if it was popular in the Pacific front, though... So maybe you know the name from that?

Here he is on the Washington D.C. WWII Memorial... Cheers!

kilroy.jpg
ahh thats where i probally heard it i am into lots of WWII stuffs.thats cool :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back