Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a good project. And it’s purple, so extra points! Nice fenders too.

What makes it a “motoglide”? A decal? (I’m not seeing any “moto” there.)

One thing I don’t like is bikes that have big high rise bars, and a tiny seat. Where I live it would be seen as a typical goofy mismatched “homeless biker” look.

Also, I have a bucket of those bicycle spoke reflectors. That’s the first thing I take off of a bike when I get it.

I am glad that I don't live where you do. :D

I am glad that I don't live where you do. :D

It wouldn’t surprise me if you were, and for many reasons. I live in one of those neighborhoods where old people usually look to see if a guy on a bicycle looks homeless or not, before they call the police. I look too suspicious already!

Half the people here are afraid to even drive a car on the road, so if you’re on a bicycle you’re either a freak, a kid, a fitness nut, a poor student, or homeless. And the traffic here is particularly nice compared to wealthy places like Santa Barbara and San Francisco.

One of my go to bikes, never been homeless. The 4 speed is very nice to have, 26”in the front, & 24” rear.

Attachments

• 02ACCBFB-27EE-45B6-9A5E-BEA3D40C2C75.jpeg
    02ACCBFB-27EE-45B6-9A5E-BEA3D40C2C75.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Picked up this Mango Toucan 3 speed tonight after dinner. Mainly got it for the diamond edge tires.

1674523354361.png

Is that gripeShifter mounted on the stem? I like that! Bars are nice and tall too
Yes, they put the "gripe" shifter on the stem. Probably when the added the Electra apes and complained about the shifter cable not being long enough anymore.

Picked up a super clean Electra Delivery 3i yesterday and couldn't resist take. It for a ride.

20230125_150852.jpg

Yes, they put the "gripe" shifter on the stem. Probably when the added the Electra apes and complained about the shifter cable not being long enough anymore.
I always wanted to put a gripshift on the seatpost but I'm rather short and have to slam all my seats down

I’ll bet it felt very small after riding the monster Colson.

Not so much. Going from a stretch to a feetforward bike isn't a big leap.

New Toy - Michael Blast Greaser ebike popped up yesterday.

1675720295979.jpeg

Got this cool green glitter Troxell banana seat headed my way.

1676421702096.png

Took a 6 hour round trip to Jacksonville late today.

Picked up this Western Flyer X53 from the granddaughter of the original owner.

20230215_174122.jpg

Then scored this Felt El Guapo with a Nexus3 hub laced to one of my favorite wheelsets.

Screenshot_20230215_184738_Facebook.jpg

Found some possible bike parts at Goodwill today

20230218_125139.jpg

Latest posts

Back