Klunker from Holland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Ratrodbike members!

My name is Rob and i am from Breda, Holland and i love bikes
Just signed up over here after i got the advise on mtbr, where they only could tell me that i had to tighten up my chain. :mrgreen:
After looking trough the fora over here i think i get some more and better reactions over here! 8)
Last few years i ride some custombikes, an Electra Straight 8and a Dyno Roadster M1. When i was younger i had Choppers, BMX bikes and after that some mountainbikes. After seeing the movie/ documentry Klunkerz i decided to start a klunker project. After a while i found a very nice priced Schwinn Heavy Duti, perfect for my project.

Here you have some pics from the Schwinn Klunker....

This is the bike how he was original
Heavy-Duty.jpg

The Schwinn after i removed and added some stuff
IMG_0168.jpg

The klunker how he is now
foto.jpg

Just put on the panaracers, it handles the mud much better now then with the original tires.
Maybe i put on some gear, it;s hard with the single speed going up hills, not that we have that many here in Holland! :roll:

The bike is doing it ok on mountainbike trails, ok not that many comfort with a frame like this but the fun makes it bearable!
Looking forward to your comments, reactions! :thumbsup:

Rob

8) i never think to check the holland craigslist for schwinns......... :D
hmmm......i wonder if that same model is available stateside? i'd like to see what that frame looked like paired with a bmx style cruiser fork......

@Markm Thnks
@Bendix I think this bike is available over there, you can still find the bike on the Schwinn website $ 439,99.

Latest posts

Back