Klunker ideas/suggestions please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More pictures have been added are in some posts below

So here in canada Klunkers aint all that populer, infacy i've never seen one here. because
our lack in Canti frames lol. So My next option is a department store one. I have the option of a chrome frame. compleat bike for 50$ or a unknown bike for 50$ I think the unknown may be red. I've seen pictures of what a Klunker is and have got some ideas but wanna hear opinions on my "taste" in parts!

So Should I make it a five speed or single speed?
If for 5 speed I have this lovely rear Cog.
100_1737.jpg

The bikes, one is the actual throme the other is what I think the dude has, chrome is from a bike bud, could proberly get free.

11126729.jpg

this is a random pic of what I think second bike is
5212h86_20.jpg

In my opinion I love whitewalls, think whitewalls would look nice?
In gear shifters I want to make or use something old.

That be all questions for time being.

Re: Klunker ideas

Hmm thats a lovely looking bike, I likes it! I wonder if I should put a springer on mine. I got a wheelset today off an old Norco mountain bike I found leaning on a dumpster, It has the perfect rims and are clean. i'll post a pic of them when I yank em off the bike. Poor old norco is in good shape, but my lovely bikes come first!

Thanks for the great site! theres some nice ones there. I just remembered I had a Read derailer that would look awesomer with this rather weird cog, it's the same as a Krate derailer, we have bikes here that have those, I have a few I think, I also have a 70's disc hub that I should lace into the Norco rims I found tonight. Not sure what I wanna do about forks, I gots lots of shocks and stuff but I guess i'll swap forks over on a Paint program once I build bike and see how it would look with diff forks

Heres the rim I shall be useing, they paint good too. so if I wanted to get em painted they would look great
100_2012.jpg

And I've got this hub i'll be lacing into the rear one, if i'm lucky it will have the same spoke
Edit: YES! miss lady luck is smiling apon me both have 36 spoke holes.
holes lol.
100_1866.jpg

Edit again. The sorta finished wheel gotta install the weird cog and true the wheel, but here it is as it stands.
100_2015.jpg

Latest posts

Back