Knuckleduster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought the frame this last year from somebody on Craigslist. More or less finished, could use some going over. Think it was just a bar haopper-chopper.

Knuckleframe.jpg

Had to add a little to the head tube and then a little gusset...

NewNeck.jpg

and some in the rear, since there's no seat-tube for support. (sorry, it's a little blurry).

Dropouts.jpg

Since it's the "Knuckleduster" had to break out my brass knuckle "paper-weight"...

Knuckles.jpg

traced them onto some plexi and with the drill press and a jigsaw I made my shifter handle.

Kuckleshifter.jpg

Think I'm going to use these old cross pedals, after some black Hammerite.

Pedals.jpg

Had a plate made for the bike, I think it also is going to change colors.

Plate.jpg

Nice design frame...looks like its got alot of rake in the neck. Time for a long frontend. Should look cool when your done.

Yeah, I have a really long fork ready for it. Kinda mock it up before the extra material got welded on. Loooong bike. Low too. The plate is from a seller on Ebay. He/she makes personalized plates. Pretty cool, if just kinda dorky. Whatever...

Made an old dyno light into a LED tail light

Taillight.jpg

Taillight2.jpg

Taillight3.jpg

Going to do the same thing to a large dyno bullet headlight for the front.
Finished the paint on the pedals and the license plate.

Repaint.jpg

Finished wiring the headlight, sprayed some satin black on it, threw the Schwinn Spoiler fork on it, got the shifter assmebled (that took some thought), found some blue anno pieces for it, fought the chain and chainring issue (two chains and then some) and took it out for our weekly cruiser ride (should have some video soon). It was great to ride, although, I should have put some threadlock on the chainring bolts. The chain is so tight to avoid other problems, it sort of pulls the chainring off. Easily fixed.

Knucklefinished.jpg

Knucklefinished2.jpg

Would have finished a little sooner, but I got sidetracked by two other bikes. I'll post pics of them soon as I get a couple.

OH YEAH - great work, beautiful line! But I think, it needs a narrow leather-saddle . . .

regards, Paul

Back