Kristmas Krate

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

Brian macumber

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
I got the fender on. I'm happy with it. Dig that fin!
View attachment 109739
View attachment 109740

I usually like to build a spare, stripped-down, purposeful bike, but I must admit I'm enjoying dressing this thing up. I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just need to add vintage, jewel side reflectors, a bullet taillight and some cool valve caps.
The fender is cool it looks like the rocket man helmet

sdframe

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
I bought two of these many months ago from Ruff, thinking I'd find a use for them. I'm gonna tuck one under the back of the seat.
20191206_171403.jpg

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
...."it's beginning to look a lot like Kristmas...."

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Agreed ^ ! Tail light fits in there perfect, SD!

And now, for the green hued headlight lens up front.... :wink1::nod::nerd:

sdframe

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
For those who actually have followed my build, remember the early '50s Monark that gave up the wheelset, tires, bars and fork for my Kristmas Krate? I found a brass fuel tank made to fit the ol' Monark, and built a motor bike around that tank and frame. I finished it today. Here it is, complete with Monark-style fork, front disc brake, rear V-brake, mags, tuned exhaust and CNC plates over the engine:

IMG_2023 (3).jpg

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Cool ride~! It has kind of steampunk meets 20th Century look. So, are the CNC'd plates over the engine made specifically for that engine, or is it a kit that generally fits a range of these small engines? That's a really cool finishing touch, SD!

sdframe

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
They are made just for the two-stroke generic Chinese bike motors. They even have them in colored "anodized" finishes. There's a whole world of custom and hi-po parts for these kits.

Reaction score
For those who actually have followed my build, remember the early '50s Monark that gave up the wheelset, tires, bars and fork for my Kristmas Krate? I found a brass fuel tank made to fit the ol' Monark, and built a motor bike around that tank and frame. I finished it today. Here it is, complete with Monark-style fork, front disc brake, rear V-brake, mags, tuned exhaust and CNC plates over the engine:

View attachment 110204

I just fell in love with that Monark :inlove:

Latest posts