Krusty Kargo - Update August 1 - Finished!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Krusty Kargo - Update July 3 - Paint it Black!!

This is so cool!
Can't wait to see what is going to be the storage space,
but one of these flipped on its back on there would do the trick for me.
2nbyn45.jpg

Re: Krusty Kargo - Update July 4 - Rat Caddy tail light

Thanks for the positive comments guys, I'm really happy with how this is turning out :D.

I messed around with the tail light today. I used an old light I found at a garage sale and filed it out so the modded Caddy light would fit inside the case, then bent, cut, and drilled out the mounting bracket so it would fit on the rear axle. A flashing LED will be fitted. It does look a bit big, but I think it will fit in well with theme of the bike when finished.....or is it really a trike? They used to call them "Boxbikes" here in Oz, so I'm sticking with "bike" :wink: .

Before
IMGA0765.jpg

After
IMGA0766.jpg

Fitted
IMGA0767.jpg

IMGA0770.jpg

IMGA0771.jpg

Forget that comment about using an old fridge for storage space, You do such a nice job, an old fridge would not look right on there.
i have 100% faith in this turning out to be in the top 5 of the buildoff best.

I love the way this is turning out, can't wait to see it finished.

Re: Krusty Kargo-Update July 27- I think I can, I think I can!!!

OK, the race is on...........to get this thing (kinda) done by the deadline. With the stuff that has happened over the last couple of months, the Krusty Kargo doesn't look like getting finished the way I originally planned. The bike will eventually be finished as a delivery/breakdown service bike and have a timber box with some pyrography logos. I have the timber cut for the bike, just not enough time to finish to the standard I want.
Soooo................a last minute change of direction. Some new pics in the next day or two.

Re: Krusty Kargo - Update July 29 - Got Springs??

Graylock said:
Bean man, I've been watching your build, it's looking good.

GL
Gold Street Customs said:
Looking real good, love the tailight

Thanks for the kind feedback guys.
I've been burning the midnight oil for the last couple of nights, and although the finished product (for the build-off anyway) won't be much like the original plan, I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out.
Got the springs fitted after I took them apart and gave them a clean up and coat of flat black. Also made up some spring hanger/box mounts during lunch and after work today. The U bolts and fish plates are a bit heavier duty than I really need, but seeing as I wouldn't have had the time to fab them myself, I had to buy them from a trailer parts place.......they are meant for a small boat/motorcycle trailer.

The box should be fitted and it'll be ridable tomorrow, then a few finishing touches.

Springs before.....nice and Krusty :)
IMGA0775.jpg

Fitted......still Krusty, but black.
IMGA0776.jpg

IMGA0777.jpg

IMGA0778.jpg

Re: Krusty Kargo - Update July 31 - Rider!!!!!

Woop Woop, she's a rider 8) .........Took her for a spin around the block today. Got nearly everything done. Just a couple of finishing touches and photo shoot tomorrow.

I used a teaspoon again for the brake strap and was going to get it engraved, but ran out of time and the engraver was closed by the time I got there, so I used a piece of chain instead....pretty happy with the outcome. The B&M shifter is mounted, as well as the box. The box is an old fibreglass roadcase that I've had for about 25 years. I used a towel rack for the steering bar. When I decided to use the roadcase as the box, I was going to go the ice-cream bike route, but when the box was mounted up today, I had a last minute change of mind, and called a friend of mine who makes signs and stickers.........all will be revealed tomorrow :) .

Here's a couple of pics.

IMGA0779.jpg

IMGA0780.jpg

IMGA0783.jpg

IMGA0781.jpg

IMGA0782.jpg

Re: Krusty Kargo - Update August 1 - Done!!

So................It's finished. I just picked up a new camera yesterday, and it's taking a little longer than I thought to get all the settings just right :( , so I'll have to wait until this afternoon when the light is better at the locations I'm using for the shoot.

Here's a pic I took this morning of the bell.
Picture005.jpg

Back