kustom kruiser roadster-brakes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I just picked up a kustom kruiser roadster. I picked it up with the plans of adding a battery and bafang mid motor that I have laying around from a previous build. It has a shimano 3 speed IGH with coaster brakes. The bike has the springer forks in the front. I can install the mid-motor with no problems but this will leave me without brakes and the motor free-wheels. Anyone with experience can recommend a good replacement rear IGH hub. I think i would need an IGH with drum brakes or a replacement triple crown front forks that has disc brake mounts? Anyone with similar experience can make any recommendations? thank you in advance

Last edited:
My advise - go for Shimano roller brakes, not disc brakes. Though discs have a bit more stopping power, roller brakes really have enough, they are even used on heavy cargo bikes, so any non-cargo application including an electric bike they can handle.
Here is my electric bike building thread: https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/project-firebolt-life-after-bo.114718/
A good hub to advise - Nuvinci N380, i think it is the best choice you may have to use with mid motor.

Latest posts

Back