KVALITETS FABRIKAT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
That what it says on the bike. It's a Swedish built folding bike I picked up. It has a "68" Sachs coaster 2-speed kickback. Only wanted to show it so that maybe Galtbacken could translate and maybe tell me more about it. Or anyone could tell me more about it.
KV_Chain%20Guard.JPG

KV_Cleaned%20Left%20Side.JPG

KV_Cleaned%20Rear%20Quarter.JPG

KV_Cleaned%20Right%20Side.JPG

Thanks for any help.

GL

Sweet that it has the 2spd kickback. I think Farbrikat means Manufacture.

Kvalitets Fabrikat can be translated to Quality Brand or something in that neighborhood. :) I haven't heard of this bike before but I'll look around a little, do some research and see what I can find. I'll get back to you! :)

yes, quality brand is a pretty good and close translation.
the two speed kickback is called Duomatic and is a german hub made by fichtel and sachs. it was often used in folding bikes, mostly for 32 spokes but there are also 36 spoke versions (got myself one for the Duo-Ma-Tiki). i've been told that the inner parts will also fit in many fichtel & sachs 3 speed hubs if you would like to use it for a 36 spoke wheel some day. also some parts shall fit for spare parts.

Galtbacken said:
Could you please post a picture of the headbadge? I might be on to something... :)

Lucky13 said:
yes, quality brand is a pretty good and close translation.
the two speed kickback is called Duomatic and is a german hub made by fichtel and sachs. it was often used in folding bikes, mostly for 32 spokes but there are also 36 spoke versions (got myself one for the Duo-Ma-Tiki). i've been told that the inner parts will also fit in many fichtel & sachs 3 speed hubs if you would like to use it for a 36 spoke wheel some day. also some parts shall fit for spare parts.

My 21 year old college daughter is looking over my shoulder, sit down and learn something. Never to old to learn.

To start I thank you both.

KV_Head%20%20Badge.JPG

This is the head badge.

KV_Seat%20Tube%20Decal.JPG

This is the seat tube decal.

These are pictures I took when I took it apart for a cleaning. I had to make a bottom bracket tool to get it apart.

more............

GL

KV_Cleaned%20%20Hub.JPG

I have researched this 2-speed and another Sachs Torpedo Dreigang- Model 415- 36 o on a "71" Danish bike I have.

KV_Rear.JPG
KV_Tail%20Light.JPG

Real glass lens. Wire leads under fender edge to a terminal at the bottom that leads through the frame to another terminal at the head tube . There was no headlight or power supply.

KV_Rear%20Lock1.JPG

I have seen locks like this but this one is made in Sweden.

I use put this bike in my wifes car when we go off on weekend trips. I've replaced it with a 6-speed folder, not as nice but better on the hills.

Thanks again for any info you may come up with.

GL

Thought for a while that I was close to finding out what kind of bike you've got there, but I haven't been able to even confirm the name of the manufacturer. :| It's doesn't seem to be any of the better known swedish bike names. Looks like ÅX on the head badge, and I'm definitely not certain in any way of what it's short for, but the closest name I've found is Ådalens Express (a small brand that I've never heard of before and that probably doesn't exist today, made and sold by someone named Helmer Näslund). I doubt that's what it is though. I'll ask the local bikedealer if he's heard of a bike like yours before, and if he hasn't, I don't really know where else to find a good answer. I'll give it one last try... :)

Thanks for the try. I had no idea before and now I have a little something. It's too bad that the person in town that had this bike has passed away. My father new him and said that he would still read a Swedish news paper. His wifes Swedish blood has gotten to thin and doesn't speak or read it.
Still I have another dear old Swedish lady in town and her daughter ,Anika, lives in Sweden with her husband. Maybe I can have her help me out. If I ever find out more I'll post here with the results however trivia.

Thanks again,

GL

Whatever it is, that is one cool bike. Could be the built in rack, full fenders etc, but there's something about the lines of it that I really like.

-Mp

Multipass said:
Whatever it is, that is one cool bike. Could be the built in rack, full fenders etc, but there's something about the lines of it that I really like.

-Mp

Thanks it is kinda sorta cool. I put about 12 hours into stripping it down for a cleaning and regrease. The bottom bracket looked like gun parts, well machined. Got to love that Swedish engineering. On summer evenings and I'm not up to a long ride, I take this bike out around the neighborhood on a mini cruise. Sometimes I'll go back to the house and change rides and get the whole fleet out. Life is as cool as you can make it. Doesn't take much effort. :D

GL

Latest posts

Back