L@@K CT Hot Rod Fallout - DATE CHANGE AGAIN to SUNDAY 25th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Hey gang,

Just got this off the HAMB. Good news for me, now I can go!

In light of the impending bad weather for Saturday the 17th we have decided to move the show to Sat Oct 24th. With the exception of the date change everything remains the same.

Hot Rod Fall Out IV
Elks Pavilion
98 Woodland Street
South Glastonbury,Glastonbury, CT 06073
Gates 10am/$10per person
http://www.hotrodfallout.com
(860)430-9580
Pre 1963 Traditional Hot Rods, Kustoms,Stock, Bikes
ONLY

Re: CT Hot Rod Fallout - DATE CHANGE!!!

Thanks Joe. You beat me to it...

cancelled.jpg

See you next week!

--Rob

i would be up for going if any of yous guys are.

I just checked the website again and they have changed the date to SUNDAY the 25th. I should be able to go now. My son's soccer game is at 10 AM in Middletown, so i can hit it on the way home.

Joe

Well, I'll still be there. I hope there's a good day for the show finally.

The last week has been mostly awesome weather- if it had been Thursday afternoon that would have been perfect. Of course rain is moving in tonight and Saturday.... so Sunday it is.

hotrodfall2.jpg

We'll see some of you there, I'm sure.

--Rob

All right folks, Sunday was the perfect day for a car show, bright and sunny, not too hot, not too windy, but enough to blow off the tire smoke and dust and unburnt hydrocarbons.

Connecticut is a beautiful place to be this time of year and the valley where they host the Fallout is one of those incredibly scenic places. Old farm country, of course with rolling hills and 18th-century road layouts. Tons of things to see in the area, farm stands, corn mazes, hay rides, and not a fast food joint anywhere in sight. Every corner you see something else that makes you want to stop, get out, smell the fresh air and take in the sights of New England in fall. The perfect weekend... for a gas burnin beer drinkin hardcore hot rod show!

fallout9fordtrk51.jpg

The rules were stricter this year, though towards the end of the day I saw a couple of mid 60's cars sneak in, and there was one '79 Chevy truck I couldn't quite explain. Everything else was pure vintage and I think the tight rules attracted many more people. The sunny weather didnt hurt a bit either.

fallout09line14.jpg

More cars than last year for sure.

fallout09line15.jpg

There were T- buckets...
fallout09superlow29.jpg

fallout09mrhp25.jpg

fallout09onepercenter60.jpg

Rat Trucks...

fallout09ratsntrucks24.jpg

The Model A's and 30s Fords you'd expect...

fallout09thatshot41.jpg

fallout09rodz17.jpg

Drag cars...
fallout09my40939.jpg

Lowered fat fenders and frame scrapin street rods:

fallout09doitlow43.jpg

fallout09nicecoupe38.jpg

The radical custom creations:

fallout09lawnmower20.jpg

fallout09goodbadugly46.jpg

fallout09millrat35.jpg

I love to see the ones you don't expect. A flamed paddy wagon and a perfect wartime Ford:

fallout09van46ford40.jpg

A heavy duty 50's Chevy truck turned into no-bull pickup:
fallout09hdpickup32.jpg

This is not your grandpa's 9N:
fallout09v8tract37.jpg

We met Joe and Steve there with a couple bikes. I ended up getting a ride and didn't bring my own due to space limitations. Theirs were cooler anyway.

fallout09reflec16.jpg

fallout09steve63.jpg

We had an awesome day. Definitely doing this show again next year, and bringing more people with us.

fallout09smallheyitsus52.jpg

My wife learned how to properly accessorize:
fallout09accessorize42.jpg

(I think that's a '34 Dodge coupe with the awesome purple flames)

Don't miss this show if you're in the Northeast next year around this time!

fallout09goodbye67.jpg

See you next year, and remember:
fallout09tomfoolery65.jpg

--Rob Bareiss, NLCTVWguy

Rob,GREAT job on the Pics,you really caught the Flavor of the day :Sweet & Tasty
Do you know of any other site with pics as the event site doesn't even have any?

^^how about at Ian's website 100percentkulture.com ?

thanks for posting pictures Rob.

Okay ,there they are.Good work and thanks

Stevil said:
Rob,GREAT job on the Pics,you really caught the Flavor of the day :Sweet & Tasty
Do you know of any other site with pics as the event site doesn't even have any?

Yeah was a great day, both the weather and the cars. I'll have more pics soon, I have about another 30 or 40 that I didn't get up yet. It's time consuming to edit and post all that!

--Rob

Latest posts

Back