>>>LACKLUSTER<<< Done.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
>>>LACKLUSTER

Working 12 hour shifts doesn't lend itself to working on a project on a day to day basis... However, it does lend itself to searching for & ordering the few parts I need.

Here's what's in the mail:

- 22T rear sprocket. (I'll be running 22/48 for some easy pedaling!)

- A pair of JS slicks.. Oh yea!!

- Some funky coke bottle rubber.

- ..front suspension :)

- Columbia head badge.

That's it for now.. I'm chomping at the bit to get my frame stripped and start mocking it up... rebuilding & painting the wheel set.. Also need to come up with some handle bars.

Still need to get a pint of Sepia brown too..

Re: >>>LACKLUSTER<<<

I'm so stoked I got a free set of wheels! The only cost is my labor... Had some time after work to clean & rebuild both hubs. The Suntour coaster was in good shape and rebuilt nicely. I cleaned the rims of all rust and got them prepped for paint. The rims are going to be ivory. The Sulky slicks came in too! By the end of the weekend I should have the new tires mounted on fresh painted rims!!
78afcb9e.jpg

Straws are the best way to cover spokes for painting.
79d4542d.jpg

Hubs look like they cleaned up nicely man, not bad for freebies at all !!! Now I have a craving for some Pixy Stix for some reason.

CCR said:
Hubs look like they cleaned up nicely man, not bad for freebies at all !!! Now I have a craving for some Pixy Stix for some reason.
HAHA!! Did I mention I had a huge sugar rush while taping up the spokes?? Somebody better double check my work! Emptying those straws was brutal..

>>>LACKLUSTER<<<

I missed out on buying this little gem last year on eBay. I got sniped at the last second! Grrrr! Anyway, I'm glad I saved the picture. I'm tossing around the idea of having one made... with putting my own spin on it of course ;) It would mount to the seat tube below the top bar.
The badge says:
"WARNING - TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS REWARD FOR THE ARREST AND CONVICTION OF THE ONE STEALING THIS BIKE OR REMOVING THIS PLATE"

161c459f.jpg

>>> BLACK LUSTER <<<

How about callin it "Black Luster". Glossy paint and lackluster don't match up. Or use flat black paint.

Critter1 said:
My inspiration is coming from the 24" Firestone I built for my son. I just love it, and I can never get enough of it. I always told my boy that one day I'd build its bigger brother so we can cruise the sidewalks together. If all goes well.. LACKLUSTER may just look like this:
4e8396e0.jpg

Watching while M.I.A. in Southeast Asia.

>>>LACKLUSTER<<<

rickpaulos said:
How about callin it "Black Luster". Glossy paint and lackluster don't match up. Or use flat black paint.

Critter1 said:
My inspiration is coming from the 24" Firestone I built for my son. I just love it, and I can never get enough of it. I always told my boy that one day I'd build its bigger brother so we can cruise the sidewalks together. If all goes well.. LACKLUSTER may just look like this:
4e8396e0.jpg
I think I'm using my sons bike as inspiration more for the style than the color.. As far as my BO7 bike lacking in luster... Who knows.?.?. It'll be brown, still undecided on whether it'll be gloss, semi gloss, or flat. It's OK I don't mind-- either way, the name will stay the same. :) :)

>>>LACKLUSTER<<<

Awww yea!!! Wheels painted. Tires mounted. 22t sprocket. Looking good!
The rest of the night I'm going to work on widening the stays to fit the Jeralds and deep Monark fender.
1dd33667.jpg

ae9a504f.jpg

dc0baa3b.jpg

>>>LACKLUSTER<<<

Here's my clearance issues... and I still need to fit a wide/deep fender in there. I think I'll need a little less than 1/2" wider on top & bottom stays just to make sure there's plenty of "balloon" clearance..

Top:
0fd47e26.jpg

Bottom:
2fc0e02e.jpg

Latest posts

Back