Laconia NH Motorcycle Week "Pedal in" JUNE 15th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Last year I rode into the Weirs and it was a good time. Lots of folks asking about the old Zep rat I was on and lots to see there as well. It's easy to park outside the perimeter and just ride right into the event past all the traffic. Laconia has some good eateries, a new bike path and of course Lake Winnipesaukee is right here!

This year's Laconia Motorcycle Week runs from June 8th to the 16th. It gets really busy the last Saturday so I would propose that we shoot for the 8th in the afternoon and could hold the 15th as a rain date.

This is the southbound traffic backed up almost a mile, I just coasted right down the shoulder :D

center of Weirs Beach 2012

Re: Laconia NH Motorcycle Week "Pedal in"

Cool!

Walker, I hope to make this ride; glad you posted this, I’ve been thinking about it since you announced it a couple of weeks ago.

This will be the first time that the motorcycle sits in the garage and the bicycle gets ridden at Weirs Beach!

Meet-up Place and Time?

Looking forward! :)

Re: Laconia NH Motorcycle Week "Pedal in"

It's looking like due to work conflicts It will be the 15th, which is actually better since that's when the heavy traffic hits. Sometime mid day or early afternoon, doesn't much matter to me at it's right down the road.

Couple of options for a meet up spot. Shop & Save (or across the street at Lowes) at the South/West end of Weirs Blvd or we could meet at Lakeport Landing Marine, pedal the WOW trail, catch a burrito at Burrito Me then shoot up the Weirs.

I can’t do the 15th due to a family commitment. :|

So here is the plan so far.

meet up at Burrito Me in Laconia at the old train station at around 2:00-2:30 or so. Fuel up on excellent food and pedal the W.O.W. trail to lakeport, it's just a mile or so. then it's just a short trip up to Weirs Blvd. It will probably take 30 min to get from the train station to the Weirs. After that there is lots to see and do at the hub of Motorcycle Week.

if you are up for it we can crank up the hill to Funspot (America's Largest Arcade) where there are several large vendors set up.. Last year there was a guy doing stunt riding on a BMW.

Over the next hill is Acme Choppers. The owner's extended a welcome for us to stop by and check out the new facility. Not sure if we would get a chance to view his insane bmx museum but who knows, no promises..

The weather is looking good for the weekend despite some midweek showers.

If anyone wants to stay over I have 12 acres so plenty of camping space and I have a couple of tents. :D

I was suppose to go up for the 8th and 9th, but the weathermen said it was suppose to POUR! Turned out to be 2 beautiful days, ended up doing things around the house :roll:

Re: Laconia NH Motorcycle Week "Pedal in" JUNE 15th

Has anyone confirmed they're going yet?

The forecast for Saturday looks good, with partly cloudy skies and temps in the mid-70’s. It should be an excellent day for a ride!

Walker said:
you guys waiting on the weather?

I'm waiting for a
ebac092dd1cbbe108d3c7412fb720075.jpg
from the Mrs.

I am a no show, wish I could. My fathers day is always spent doing things I DON'T want to do. Spend time with family.........extended family ;-((

The last time I had a fathers day to do what I wanted I was at Laconia. That was 20 years ago!

How time flies :roll:

Joe

Just got back from playing minigolf with the family on the outskirts of the weirs. Total madness!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm hoping some of you New Englanders can make it tomorrow, weather looks epic, as does the motorcyclist, vendor and custom builder population

Latest posts

Back