NEW build "Dynamo" previously Lady Godiva

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

Love the chain guard up high like that!

No time to waste so I'm compelled to suggest that you check the chain line before you get too far into mounting the Dana. Right now it's looking like it will pass right where the frame crosses the tire. :39:

Thnx 4 the heads up on the chain line but yes I did see that and corrected it
just not before i took those mock up pics

Here is how i have the dana mocked up after adjusting to clear the chain line

20230721_194351.jpg

I spent the weekend looking for something that i could use to attach the u bolts to the dana
Ended up finding this single rail at home depot that is used for adjustable shelving
4 pieces cut ready for drilling

20230724_092504.jpg

Also cut the chainring to work on attaching the rear 48t sprocket to the 20t coaster brake sprocket

20230724_092558.jpg

After getting the dana attached i noticed an alignment problem with the rear sprocket
I needed it to be mounted as close to the spokes as possible since i cannot adjust the dana father to the coaster brake side
here is the new set up pre mounting
the rear sprocket will be attached the chain
still need to cut up the front front since it will be a mounting bracket only

20230728_073746.jpg

Also added some clay brick red duro tires
I feel these have a good look for a boadtrack inspired look and they kinda match the old super balloon tires from the 30's/40's

20230728_073713.jpg

1933_00.jpg

One of the big hold ups has been trying to figure out a replacement for the dana mounting axle
I dont want to cut up the original and it is only acting as drive axle so I can realistically run anything that will fit
Got this bb crank spindle from my local co-op just need to grind the square side to fit in the through the input drive side of the dana
the split clamp is to attach to the other side of the spindle since i will be cutting it down and will lose the ability to use a bolt to hold on the 13t sprocket

20230728_073917.jpg

here is what my solution is to have the 20T sprocket fit the input drive of the dana
its a industrial light switch cover just need to cut and drill to fit onto the sprocket

20230728_074110.jpg

I also picked up this old address plaque to turn into a tank insert if I have the time

20230728_073726 (2).jpg

After getting the dana attached i noticed an alignment problem with the rear sprocket
I needed it to be mounted as close to the spokes as possible since i cannot adjust the dana father to the coaster brake side
here is the new set up pre mounting
the rear sprocket will be attached the chain
still need to cut up the front front since it will be a mounting bracket only

View attachment 243274

Also added some clay brick red duro tires
I feel these have a good look for a boadtrack inspired look and they kinda match the old super balloon tires from the 30's/40's

View attachment 243277
View attachment 243279

One of the big hold ups has been trying to figure out a replacement for the dana mounting axle
I dont want to cut up the original and it is only acting as drive axle so I can realistically run anything that will fit
Got this bb crank spindle from my local co-op just need to grind the square side to fit in the through the input drive side of the dana
the split clamp is to attach to the other side of the spindle since i will be cutting it down and will lose the ability to use a bolt to hold on the 13t sprocket

View attachment 243281

here is what my solution is to have the 20T sprocket fit the input drive of the dana
its a industrial light switch cover just need to cut and drill to fit onto the sprocket

View attachment 243283

I also picked up this old address plaque to turn into a tank insert if I have the time

View attachment 243285
Looks like you’re going to have a busy weekend

👍

Keep building, I really want to see this cool idea rolling down the road!

For those of you coming to check out the final progress pics they are unfortunately still on my phone along with the final pics that I was hoping to load before the deadline
Due to my phones charging/usb port failing sunday overnight these 3 pics where the only ones I was able to successfully post
I currently have no way to charge my phone to access and transfer the other pics plus I cant upload any either
So far all methods to recover the photos have not been successful
I do have access to a work cell phone so the next few day I will be taking Dynamo back apart during my lunches to show interested parties the final parts that they missed seeing before they got put on the bike
such as the larger 52t sprocket set up
the shifting handle setup for the dynamo
and the custom dana input sprocket
Sorry again for all that where looking forward to seeing the other build pics

20230731_094836.jpg
20230731_094904.jpg

20230731_094933.jpg

For those of you coming to check out the final progress pics they are unfortunately still on my phone along with the final pics that I was hoping to load before the deadline
Due to my phones charging/usb port failing sunday overnight these 3 pics where the only ones I was able to successfully post
I currently have no way to charge my phone to access and transfer the other pics plus I cant upload any either
So far all methods to recover the photos have not been successful
I do have access to a work cell phone so the next few day I will be taking Dynamo back apart during my lunches to show interested parties the final parts that they missed seeing before they got put on the bike
such as the larger 52t sprocket set up
the shifting handle setup for the dynamo
and the custom dana input sprocket
Sorry again for all that where looking forward to seeing the other build pics

View attachment 244669View attachment 244670
View attachment 244672
That sucks but on the bright side you got one rad build out of it and in a super short timeline

Latest posts

Back