Lady's got the blues!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must be the weekend for the ladies. Here is my first bike. A 1979 Schwinn Hollywood that belonged to my mom and was headed for the dump!! Yikes! When I got her she was covered in dust and rust and had two badly decomposed blackwall Westwind tires. I bought her a new pair( of whitewall Westwinds), swapped the eltro-forged forks for a period chrome springer and gave her some badly need attention and elbow grease. She shows her age, but wears it well. I built this for my wife, but my daughter has staked claim to her and wants her painted metallic pink. I'm thinking this is going to cost me some green to have her painted and rechromed. She wants the pink metallic grips I saw ($40 for the pair...wheeze!.._) and the leather saddle(Gasp! ...don't even ask the price for it!). I love my girls, all of 'em but they aren't cheap. Guess I'll have to get a second job. By the way , loved Easy Skywalkers Blue Lady, nice bike!
IMG_0220.jpg

55Phantom said:
Must be the weekend for the ladies. Here is my first bike. A 1979 Schwinn Hollywood that belonged to my mom and was headed for the dump!! Yikes! When I got her she was covered in dust and rust and had two badly decomposed blackwall Westwind tires. I bought her a new pair( of whitewall Westwinds), swapped the eltro-forged forks for a period chrome springer and gave her some badly need attention and elbow grease. She shows her age, but wears it well. I built this for my wife, but my daughter has staked claim to her and wants her painted metallic pink. I'm thinking this is going to cost me some green to have her painted and rechromed. She wants the pink metallic grips I saw ($40 for the pair...wheeze!.._) and the leather saddle(Gasp! ...don't even ask the price for it!). I love my girls, all of 'em but they aren't cheap. Guess I'll have to get a second job. By the way , loved Easy Skywalkers Blue Lady, nice bike!
IMG_0220.jpg
The bike looks awesome as it is in blue! I had the same problem with my girlfriend wanting a pink bike. I was planning on doing a blue but she didn't. Here's a picture of it.
IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

If you need some pink grips I can send you a pair. Well they are kinda like a violet color but still kinda pinkish. Just shoot me a pm and you can have them.

Chimi, the pink looks good! but I agree with you, I like the blue. If it were up to me I'ld leave it alone, I generally try to leave my bikes as original as possible. I found a pair of metallic pink Schwinn approved Slim-Line grips but the guy just wants to much. Send me a pic I would definitly be interested. Thanks

Back