laptop problems

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I'm guessing is my video card acting up on my laptop has left me computerless. Its a Hp dv9000 and when I start it up it acts fine then after a couple minutes the screen toe staticy. Even when I start system repair it does the same thing. Am I right in guessing its the video card going bad? And would I be able to replace it with any dv9000 video card or do I need to get one from the exact same model of the dv9000 series?

I think if you have an old monitor you should be able to plug it into your laptop and then determine if it is the video card or something else.

Ok so tech head buddy of mine that has a dv9000 said to remove the battery and let it set for a while so I did that and let it set for about an hour then put it back in and started it up. It lasted 18 minutes this time instead of the 3 that it had been. Now I'm confused

So, what i'm gathering is the display stops operating, it just goes black, but you can hear the harddrive scratching, and everything else "work"?

I like the idea of plugging another monitor in, but if this is a newer computer, chances are the ports/connections are pretty hard to come buy, and aren't readily on hand.

Latest posts

Back