larger than 2.10 tires and rims?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd56

It's all about the tanklights
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I need to know from the wheel/tire guys what is the clearance needed to fit larger than 26x2.10 tires on a bike?

The frame I'm working on is a Chinese built Murray. I dry fitted a set of 2.10 and there was plenty of clearance at the frame....but not knowing what wheelset I need to accommodate the larger 3" tire the owner wants, and if there is enough room to avoid rubbing the frame, I need some help. I'm thinking the frame wont have enough room for the larger fatter 3" tires, so how about 2.30 or anything larger than the 2.10" tires.

What size wheelset for the larger tires and what is the measurement that is needed between the forks? Is the question.
I have not measure the distance that is on the frame now....yet but, can.

Thanks
JD

Oh and the guys want blackwall tires with red flames....any ideas where to find such a pattern?

I assume those are $29 ea?
Still need to know what is the measurement on the fork gap for the these wider tires?
Also anyone seen red flame patterns on the sidewalls?

Thanks panelman

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jd56 said:
I assume those are $29 ea?
Still need to know what is the measurement on the fork gap for the these wider tires?
Also anyone seen red flame patterns on the sidewalls?

Thanks panelman

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Re ; red flame pattern sidewall Duro makes them ,black tire,street tread 26x 2.125 with 3 red and yellow flames on each sidewall.

Latest posts

Back