Last Nigts Pub Pedal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think yesterday's high was in the 100s but that didn't deter the weekly Thursday Night Bike Bunch. I counted 30+ bikes at our first watering hole. Towards the end of the night people tend to separate into different groups and go different places.
Last night was a typical night. Meet at our usual starting pub which is in what was originally a rough part of town in the old Wild West Days. Have a cold beverage, wait for everyone to show up, look over what's new and discuss our builds and finds. Then we're off to pub 2 which lately has been a really cool old billiards bar in the same part of town. Next we ride to a local landmark The Keeper Of The Plains which is on the Arkansas river. Hang out there for a bit then off on the bike path which follows the river into downtown. Ride through downtown to "Old Town" where we go to the Old Town Square to cool off in the fountains. Then to pub 3 which is also new on our route. Last night they let us ride our bikes inside. After a while we're off to pub 4 which is also where we'll generally find the "Wiener Man" serving up smoked links, hot dogs etc... on the sidewalk out front. This is where the wife and I call it an evening and head home. Great fun as always. It amazes me that this "pub pedal" has been going on weekly for many years and continues to go strong.
Here's some video clips...

Very cool Randy.

Yall have a great thing going on up there.

Looks like yall have the town to yourself!

I can relate to the heat...103 here today. :oops:

I wish I could set up a pub ride here in Oswego, NY.
But last night I was walking my through the farmer market with my bicycle and stopping picking up veggies. I was ask to leave by the police because bicycles are not allowed in the area. I told him I did not have a lock with me and I was walking not riding the bicycle. He said that I might bump into people with the pedals or the wheels. So it is my fault if people do not watch where they are going. What next no baby strollers or wheelchair banned from the area. I was thinking of trying to sell my bikes and do some repair at the farmers market, but if customers can not walk their bike through the crowds....
This is all because the kids go and ride their bikes and skateboards around the market area and meet friends. There is no place for the kids to hangout.

A few weekends ago, the female college student whom is staying with us for the summer, was walking home from the theater with 2 of her girlfriends at night. They were followed by the police back to the house. The police waited until they were inside the house, knocked on the door and asked them what they were doing out that late. The police thought they were the ones throwing rocks at cars on Bridge Street. Now Bridge Street is one of the 2 roads that cross the Oswego River/Canal from the west to the east side of town. So, why did the police follow the girls for 5 blocks and wait until they were inside the house before questioning them?

So the first pub ride in town every rider would get stopped for not wearing helmets, no lights and a DUI. There are a lot of bars in this college town. I want to set up a ride where all the pub name are put in a hat and whatever pub is pulled out of the hat is the next stop.

There was a woman there that does custom vinyl decals. I might have her do some decals for my bicycles, head badges, forks and seat post tubes. She thought it would be a good idea once she saw the bicycle and what I wanted to do to it. Then I got asked to leave.

you on a loner bike ? i know youve got plenty of rides, just didnt recognize the grips in the vid :) as always - looks like a great time !!!

No cars... Here I've heard a couple stories about people being ticketed for no lights or riding on sidewalk but have never witnessed it on one of our rides. We once were told by police to move our bikes because they were illegally parked in front of one of the bars. All in all we've really never had any trouble (knocking on desk). I like your pull the pub out of a hat idea.

CCR...
It's a bike my wife drug home a few weeks back that was thrown to the curb on our city's clean up day. A 3 speed Hiawatha. All it was missing was the seat so I put one of my Brooks on it to ride last night.
hawthorne.jpg

Back