Late 30's Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got this off of Craigslist last weekend. I'm stoked. As near as I can tell it's somewhere between 1937 and 1940 because of the badge, skip tooth and the set screws in the drop-outs. I'll post some pics as soon as I do more. -d-
hawthorne.jpg

hawthorne2.jpg

nice bike, looks like it was saved from a near-yard-art experience with that paint job. Frame has a cool curve to it.

I love it when they paint everything. slows down the rust, which never sleeps.

i love that frame

that bike reminds me of my old western flyer. back in 83 when i got out of the navy , i bought a new schwinn cruiser. i was riding down the street a week later and saw an old guy riding this old rusty hulk, with really great lines. so i traded him bicycles, he couldn't believe i wanted to. i spent the next month cleaning, painting, and even re-chroming the shiny bits. i wound up selling it to make rent.

So, now my wife wants one

My wife liked the look of the older style so much that I found her one to go with mine.
JuliesRoadmaster.jpg

Same period, but I think hers is a Roadmaster or a Western Flyer. I think I'll do both kinda Resto/Custom. A little hotrod a little vintage.

That late 30's Hawthorne, is a Zep. Im 100% sure.

Back