late intro

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone. i am posting this late, but here we go...
i bought a Free Spirit mountain bike last spring at my towns annual bike swap for twenty bucks. it wasn't pretty or even very functional, but it got me to work and back and all over town as well. i wasn't very comfortable with the saddle so i changed it for the one that is now on the pterodactyl.
the seat felt better in an upright riding position so i bought some apes. while changing the handlebars i realized, 'uh oh. this can become addictive', and it has.
earlier this week i spent 5 hours working on Frank's brakes (Frank is the bike swap bike) with no luck. my girlfriend popped her lovely head out every once in awhile to find me, wrench in mouth, screwdriver in hand, and all contorted on the ground, trying to figure out the cursed brakes.
i posted a picture of a bike i found abandoned (i scoped it out for awhile. no thievery) in a parking lot. it had a 3 speed internal
hub on it so it had to be done.
the pterodactyl frame was bought for 5 bucks while i was walking back from my LBS (i'm learning!) at a yard sale.

and lastly i like dinosaurs. do you? :roll:

DirtMerchant

GodHatesCleveland said:
so i bought some apes. while changing the handlebars i realized, 'uh oh. this can become addictive', and it has.

Normally we don't realize that until our 5th or 6th bike, and only because our wives or girlfriends stop talking to us about that time....

amen to that. then after they stop talking, they eventually start back up only when you build them a bike!! at least thats what mine did!!!
welcome to the forum bro!!!

Easy E

Back