late model retro iron

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
got this classic 7 yesterday. i had missed or passed on a few, but got this one. originally intended on parting out, wanted the wheelset and a few other parts, but it's in really nice shape and rides real nice, so... :?: gearing is a little low with the tiny sprocket. i didn't realise these were sold up till last year.
DSC04556.jpg

Wow, nice find, I'm not crazy about the color but a very cool bike. Would be a sweet Black Phantom clone.

tCXKqyuAwShYtqeUzSJe9g.jpg

I'd hesitate to part that thing out. An old style Phantom chainguard painted to match with a 52T Phantom chain ring would turn that thing into a road iron with lots of top end if you got the legs for it. Gary

B607 said:
I'd hesitate to part that thing out. An old style Phantom chainguard painted to match with a 52T Phantom chain ring would turn that thing into a road iron with lots of top end if you got the legs for it. Gary

YES! This ^ is exactly what I was thinking. As garish as they are, I really like the colors, and with the painted fenders the bike is really more reminiscent of the B6 (predecessor to the Phantom).

I got all excited not 10 minutes ago when I saw a local CL advert "Schwinn Cruiser Six", opened it up and it was a hideous fat aluminum tube girls cruiser :roll:

I'd LOVE to score one of those Cruiser 7's in that same green color combo.

I'm also on the keep and ride it bandwagon. I like the three color paint and its cool to have a different color combo then everyone else.

Like B607 said "An old style Phantom chainguard painted to match with a 52T Phantom chain ring would turn that thing into a road iron with lots of top end " :wink:

Yes, i will do the opposite and keep er to ride. great idea on the guard and chainring Gary. i've got a nos repro phantom guard already. got the wheels turning on some other upgrades too - will need a taillight, change seat, etc..... thanks for the inspiration :D

Latest posts

Back