late night Ice Cruise

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
met up with some friends over on little squam lake tonight. most were on skates but I dont have the ankles for that. so I took this

Feb07ride001_zps49005c14.jpg

Mounted up some spikey rubber
Feb07ride002_zpsda335203.jpg

the lake is in perfect shape for cruising..
Feb07ride007_zps1fb7de73.jpg

my friend Larry taking the zep for a spin
Feb07ride009_zps462c11af.jpg

Not alot of moon tonight and the clouds are just appearing for "the blizzard of 13", however there was just enough light to ride without any flashlights or headlamps
Feb07ride003_zps6271f32d.jpg

A frozen lake ride is a cool idea; I rode my trike on one year’s ago. Little Squam Lake isn’t too far from here, perhaps we could schedule a ride, but not a night ride – I kyn’da like to see the ice/liquid water transitions!

That's cool Walker. Looks like fun.

There's a long lake near Mt Greylock that we pass whenever we climb the mountain, and I keep saying to my climbing bud, "we gotta ride across that thing someday".

ZygoteLittle said:
A frozen lake ride is a cool idea; I rode my trike on one year’s ago. Little Squam Lake isn’t too far from here, perhaps we could schedule a ride, but not a night ride – I kyn’da like to see the ice/liquid water transitions!

there's a guy who plows a big oval for skating and a winding road from one end of the lake to the other. My kids want me to do up their tires now of course. Daytime might be difficult to schedule for me but maybe not impossible. maybe closer to spring when the temps warm up though.

Walker said:
ZygoteLittle said:

there's a guy who plows a big oval for skating and a winding road from one end of the lake to the other. My kids want me to do up their tires now of course. Daytime might be difficult to schedule for me but maybe not impossible. maybe closer to spring when the temps warm up though.
Can do – we can meet at the Holderness General Store (if you want) and ride from there; or, perhaps, we can make it into a group ride around parts of the Lakes Region for our fellow New England RRB’s!

8) Late April early May perhaps?!

Outstanding inspirational pics!
MplsCoaster said:
The curtain of ice was amazing, you could also hear/see water running down it slightly
Which was a bit unnerving...
IMG_8970.jpg

Had to keep reminding myself not to backup (or get closer) for a better shot :shock: :lol:
IMG_8978.jpg

Think it would be really cool to see this with full sunshine
IMG_8974.jpg

Thanks for looking
Steve

I have a frame that’ll be used as a frozen lake bike, suddenly winter isn’t such a pain – so it’ll be named “Pain Killer!”

Thank you, Steve

Well, the frame is finally coming down off the loft; thanks for the idea, Walker.

Latest posts

Back