LATEST PURCHASE 1965 RAMBLER AMBASSADOR!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked this up last week for $200 bucks! she is a 1965 rambler ambassador. she is a 4door, and is solid all the way thru! it has a 327 v-8(amc made), i am kind of thinking ratting it, but the paint will clean/buff up very nice! can't wait to get it rollin'. it has set for 10years so i will have to clean the tank, throw a carb kit in it and go for it! thinking of running the duals out in front of the rear wheels. it is coil spring front and rear, thinking of putting blocks under the frame and getting the old torch out and heating the coils-old school baby! anyway, here she is. what do you think?
DSCF5098.jpg

I like the car, but your customizing plans need some thought. Running pipes out in front of the rear works well for pickups and jacked up drag buckets, but with a street car you'll have clearance issues with the suspension arm or leaf, whichever is applicable. Lowering or raising doesn't improve things any. I'm not saying it can't be done, but not without some complications. You might consider side pipes, it's a lot easier, and less likely to hit the street or get a safety rejection. :wink:

thanks for the advice deorman, not for sure yet on the exhaust i haven't even gotten it up on the lift yet to consider my options. it is definately getting lowered. it is coil all the way around so i am thinkin' just heating them up, i know it will ride not so good, but i like the idea of doing it like in the old days! :D pulled the carb off today and soaked, will put in a fresh kit and float tomorrow. will probably get my brake booster/master installed and the tank dropped for cleaning. after that the next thing will be finding a radiator, shouldn't be a problem. i saved this from a junk yard, they were going to crush it! that is why it is missing a few parts. :)

Latest posts

Back