Latest swap meet finds(non-bicycle)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was at a swap meet yesterday and found a few cool little item's(not bicycle related-but still neat!)the first is a neat old transistor radio(Dunlop promotional item?)It's about the size of a tire ashtray and is a radio,you turn it on by turning the spinner in the center and tune the channels by turning the hubcap,i never seen one before and had to have it :D The other item is an old medalion that was used on the front of old English cars(in the twenties?) that has an insert that reads:Made in England"Dependence" Birmingham and the glass dial face unscrewed,then you put in your pass/permit to allow your car to travel to other parts of the country.Does anybody know more about this item? Perhaps somebody from England that is reading this can shed more light on this item? I thought that medalion might look cool on my English Raleigh Superbe bicycle 8)
P1020755.jpg

Also found a few old emblems for my collection: a pair of gold plated 1951 Crestliner emblems and a pair of Deluxe trim spears that might look good on the side of a tank on a bicycle? The size is right and they are a left and right pair so i think that's what i will use them for :D
P1020756.jpg

that radio would make a great sissy bar back rest.

i used a similar promotional ashtray, speaker, a couple salsa lids and fasioned a small 9volt amp to power the speaker for my mp3 player.
IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

your speaker is too cool! 8)
i remember those ash trays from Firestone..........
Firestone makes one of the sweetest wide white walls.... too bad they didn't make the ash trays look like them :?
great idea though!!!

that ones obviously a tractor tire.
i have another (ashtray) that looks more like an automotive tire.
IMG_2964.jpg

practically every tire company made em, in all sorts of different variations.

i've seen a few white walls recently, but they where in bad shape or over priced.
i am on the look out for the good deal on a nice condition white wall.

There was a Firestone factory in a town near here from '46 until just a couple of years ago. Those ashtrays are pretty common around this area and are seen at rummage sales all the time. I know a guy that had a collection of hundreds of them. Gary

Latest posts

Back